ARC Discussion Forums
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
cruiz

1/48 Tamiya F4U-1A Corsair

Hello Thomaz

Thank you again for your help, indeed it’ll be the 1A version so the stall strip is a must.

I’ll post more pictures as soon as can and thank you also for your encouraging words.

Carlos

Small update

Keep adding some details to the flaps.

DSC_3236_1.jpg

Thanks to the images by Thomaz, I’ve been able to figure out how the case chutes are, here are six of them from different angles.

DSC_3234_1.jpg

Looking for information, I’ve learned how the .50 works and what’s going on with the case chutes in the corsair.

DSC_3238_1.jpg

What you see in there is the bottom part of the .50 where the empty cases are ejected, on the base side there is a small rectangular aperture where the links are ejected.

DSC_3240_1.jpg

Tried to replicate most of the details but cannot find a clear view of the bottom of a working .50, the only images were of disassembled ones.

DSC_3242_1.jpg

That’s all for now

Carlos

Fantastic work Carlos!  You have an awesome eye for detail and are inspiring me on my own Corsair project.  Keep it up!

Steve

Posted (edited)

Carlos, you are the Grand Poobah of Evergreen! I'll second Steve's emotion, very inspirational work, can't wait to see more.

Here's a pic of a Browning M2 .50 cal in action, you can see the spent shell casing is being ejected from the bottom, while the belt links are ejected from the opposite side where the belt is being fed (fun fact: M2's can be configured to be fed from either side, although the US Armed Forces has standardized left-hand feeds on their .50's). 

fvVHy6f.jpg

Edited by TAG