1/48 Kinetic Prowlers for VMAQ-2 - Five of 27!

An all night painting session ending at 0230 and lots of masking tape later. Masks were designed for the wing tip formation lights and pin stripe around the upper forward fuselage, drawn in Corel, then cut on my vinyl cutter. Saved a crap load of time! More soon.

IMG-0521.jpg

Ammo by MiG acrylics and a Grex airbrush are my new favorite tools! No thinning of the paints, dry to the touch within minutes and the airbrush is the easiest I've ever used! Two more days........

IMG-0522.jpg

IMG-0524.jpg

IMG-0523.jpg

Tremendous effort Dave & John. It almost looks like Grumman re-opened the Prowler line in Georgia.  My sincere apologies for missing the jets at AUAB before they left. Just couldn't get any space in my busy schedule. So no pics. But I am proud to have helped.  Praying for successful project completions and a safe journey to KNKT. Semper fidelis! Dutch 

21 minutes ago, Dutch said:

Tremendous effort Dave & John. It almost looks like Grumman re-opened the Prowler line in Georgia.  My sincere apologies for missing the jets at AUAB before they left. Just couldn't get any space in my busy schedule. So no pics. But I am proud to have helped.  Praying for successful project completions and a safe journey to KNKT. Semper fidelis! Dutch 

Thanks and don't worry about the photos. The squadrons AMO and air frames SNCOIC hooked me up pretty good. 

I don't have decals, but I had red and white vinyl. The markings were drawn (will eventually make their way onto a decal sheet), then cut on my vinyl cutter. They're not perfect, but given the time constraints, they'll work and are suitable for their purpose. 

IMG-0525.jpg

IMG-0526.jpg

IMG-0527.jpg

IMG-0528.jpg

IMG-0529.jpg

IMG-0530.jpg

IMG-0531.jpg