Revell 1/32 P-51D Late Version delayed/cancelled?

With the P-51D-5-NA version getting almost universally good reviews and positive reception, and the note of "Early Version" on the box..it seems that Revell was clearly planning a P-51D Late Version, IE the late tail, etc..but with Hobbico going under ..any word if that is no longer the case or is simply delayed?  

48 minutes ago, Jonathan_Lotton said:

Hmm...

I guess I may as well save for a Tamiya big pony...

Having built the Tamiya kit I can safely say you won't be disappointed. True, it is a tad expensive, but definitely worth the money. :thumbsup:

Since the original kit is still selling about as fast as they can get them to the stores, why would Revell rush to put out the next version? At the very least they will produce a late variant when they planned to do same but they aren't going to rush it out just cause you want one.......

2 hours ago, RCAFFAN said:

Since the original kit is still selling about as fast as they can get them to the stores, why would Revell rush to put out the next version? At the very least they will produce a late variant when they planned to do same but they aren't going to rush it out just cause you want one.......

Well..see..

Revell had a little problem, namely their parent company went bankrupt and Revell North America was combined into Revell Germany. I was asking if anyone was aware if they were still planning on doing a P-51D Late Version, nothing more, nothing less. 

I wasn't expecting them to "rush it out" because I want one. If they don't, that's fine too, I'll buy the Tamiya kit, but I have sentimental reasons for enjoying Revell kits. 

A Revell rep I spoke to at Telford told me that a late P-51D would definitely be happening and if sales of both the late and early versions were good enough then they would look at doing other P-51 variants.

21 hours ago, Jonathan_Lotton said:

Revell had a little problem, namely their parent company went bankrupt and Revell North America was combined into Revell Germany. I was asking if anyone was aware if they were still planning on doing a P-51D Late Version, nothing more, nothing less. 

I wasn't expecting them to "rush it out" because I want one. If they don't, that's fine too, I'll buy the Tamiya kit, but I have sentimental reasons for enjoying Revell kits. 

I'm well aware if the Hobbico fiasco but have seen no indication that Revell Germany has been effected in any way other than ensuring a German investment of funds to continue their work (and some work on US distribution).  They announced their schedule for 2018 and seem to be sticking to it and the late version was not on the 2018 list. Based on prior production of other aircraft variants (Spitfires, FW190s etc.) the next variant would not appear until their 2019 releases at the earliest. Therefore your question struck me as premature at the least and sorta like "i want it now, where is it?" but if that is not the case then sorry.  However I wouldn't expect any news in this regard until at least next year's new releases..........

Edited by RCAFFAN
1 hour ago, RCAFFAN said:

I'm well aware if the Hobbico fiasco but have seen no indication that Revell Germany has been effected in any way other than ensuring a German investment of funds to continue their work (and some work on US distribution).  They announced their schedule for 2018 and seem to be sticking to it and the late version was not on the 2018 list. Based on prior production of other aircraft variants (Spitfires, FW190s etc.) the next variant would not appear until their 2019 releases at the earliest. Therefore your question struck me as premature at the least and sorta like "i want it now, where is it?" but if that is not the case then sorry.  However I wouldn't expect any news in this regard until at least next year's new releases..........

Nope..I'm not in a rush..I just wasn't sure if it was still going to happen since there was a question if all of their planned projects, like the 1/32 F/A-18E, will continue forward.