I haven't had a chance to see it yet and am a little reluctant about some of what I've heard. But I am surprised there is no conversation at all here about it. Anyone have anything they would like to share?

Bill

Have not seen it as yet either. Will be going on next Tuesday night when it is cheaper here in Canada. EVen staying away from the Youtube reviews,

Heard lots of people don't like it but many do. I will go anyway as it is a Star Wars movie and make up my own mind.

I have seen it twice, really nice movie, but this is the first Star Wars movie, which is really different.

This is more heist story then war story, but still really good one.

A lot of references to other Saga's franchises, but not only to Star Wars - anyone saw golden idol from Raiders of the Lost Ark in Dryden Vos' ship?

My wife and i saw it yesterday. It was entertaining and did a nice job of filling in the Solo backstory. I wasn't impressed by the twist at the end with the marauders. It felt like just another weak attempt at sticking a "strong" woman into the limelight. The funny thing about it was my wife isn't a Star Wars fan and quite enjoyed it, even more than I did.

I thought it was good also, provided some good info on the backstory of Han and Chewy.

I thought it was a hell of a lot better than Force Awakens and Last Jedi, those two should be burned and forgotten.

If you are a fan of Star War's, go see it, I doubt you will be disappointed.

Saw it yesterday with my boys.  It was better than I expected.  It was a good story, and didn't feel rushed through it as it only focused on a few characters. I do agree with Darren's comments above with the marauders, but it's expected anymore. Anyhow, like mentioned above, if you like the Star Wars franchise, you probably will enjoy it. I know I did.

David

I liked it a lot. Different than the last few but, a good story telling kind of movie. RO is still my favorite of all but, this wasn’t a war movie like RO was.  You won’t be disappointed. Even my 8 yo liked it and thought it was shorter than 2.5 hrs long. 

Definitely better than the INSULTS of E7 and 8. Though, R1 is one of my favs of all time (granted I'm biased, I'm a rebel pilot in the Rebel Legion)

Was generally better than I expected, some of it a little too cheesy....

But what really blew me away was the actors playing Han and Lando NAILED the parts. I figured that was the biggest danger, playing a character known only through other legendary actors. But other than Han's voice being a bit high, he absolutely nailed every physical mannerism, and I was blown away. The very first line spoken by Lando sounded JUST like BD Williams. So I was really amazed by this delicate and all-important aspect.

6 minutes ago, Darren Roberts said:

The biggest thing I think they missed in this movie was the one thing I wanted to know. How did Han get the scar on his chin? That would have been a great add, and I'm shocked they didn't address it. 

See what happened was.....

Han got the scar when he was younger...mid-teens...when he cut himself with a whip he was using to keep a lion back...oh wait that was Indiana...:rolleyes:.

I am just SW out. Too many mediocre-to-terrible movies in too short a time for my liking. TFA...meh...it was o.k. RO...better then TFA but still kinda left me wanting. TLJ...terrible movie that I wish I could forget. I was really enjoying Rebels and then Disney canceled that series :angry: (nice job Disney). So I am sitting out Solo. Based on the reviews it isn't stellar enough to make me want to pay to see it on the big screen.  Just another "it was o.k." kinda SW movie being turned out every 6 months to a year.

Make Star Wars Great Again...:soapbox:!

Are there any "scary" scenes or anything that might be too much for 6.5 year olds?  Debating about taking my boys - we've watched all the SW movies except for EPIII, but that was all on TV and not in the theater....

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/30/2018 at 8:49 AM, Andrew D. the Jolly Rogers guy said:

Definitely better than the INSULTS of E7 and 8. Though, R1 is one of my favs of all time (granted I'm biased, I'm a rebel pilot in the Rebel Legion)

Was generally better than I expected, some of it a little too cheesy....

But what really blew me away was the actors playing Han and Lando NAILED the parts. I figured that was the biggest danger, playing a character known only through other legendary actors. But other than Han's voice being a bit high, he absolutely nailed every physical mannerism, and I was blown away. The very first line spoken by Lando sounded JUST like BD Williams. So I was really amazed by this delicate and all-important aspect.

Exactly, the Star Wars story films are obviously done much better than this whole sequel trilogy.  I think it was a really good film, and I never had any thought that I wasn't watching Han Solo.  I couldn't find much to criticize, there are two or three small things, but not necessarily worth nitpicking.  Regarding Lando, one critique I've heard was that it was a little too close, - the actor was playing Billy Dee Williams playing Lando. In any case, I think it worked.

On 5/30/2018 at 9:38 AM, Darren Roberts said:

The biggest thing I think they missed in this movie was the one thing I wanted to know. How did Han get the scar on his chin? That would have been a great add, and I'm shocked they didn't address it. 

Well,  I don't think the story is over yet.  The actors are signed on for three films.  Who knows after the initial box office returns, but it's clear that there will be a continuing story with Qi'Ra and Darth *****, either in other anthology films or more Solo ones.  We still need to find out who that crime lord is on Tatooine.

On 5/29/2018 at 9:10 PM, Don said:

After TLJ nightmare and an "o.k." TFA I'll wait till it comes on Netflix.

Regards,

Don

Same here. I thought TLJ was horrible and ruined it for me. But that's just my opinion.

On ‎5‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 9:38 AM, Darren Roberts said:

It happened during that time when Han didn't shoot first...…..

There seems to be a shake up by Disney at Lucasfilm going on.

Hopefully CrayCray Kay Kay will be gone soon!

All SW Story films are on hold or cancelled ...

Look like Disney doesn't like the $100 million + loss that Solo has endured ...

-Gregg