F-15E 1:48 from F-15I GWH?

20 minutes ago, BoeingDriver said:

Ahhh...I was a Crew Chief in the Lancers from 94-03.  I remember when Blue was still a gun squadron.

We missed each other by about 10 years then.  It’s amazing how much the jet has evolved since it’s inception.  The F-15E is such an incredibly capable jet!  I’m glad it’s going to be around awhile.   

47 minutes ago, Falconxlvi said:

We missed each other by about 10 years then.  It’s amazing how much the jet has evolved since it’s inception.  The F-15E is such an incredibly capable jet!  I’m glad it’s going to be around awhile.   

She is a beast.  It brings too much to the fight.

53 minutes ago, Falconxlvi said:

Looks great!  

86-0186.  She was xfered to the 34th a couple years ago.  I crewed her for 6 years.  First production jet delivered & the 4th jet built.  She has “D” nuances.

1 hour ago, BoeingDriver said:

Here’s the E I built from the I.  Model wise, same jet.

IMG_1212_zpsqny5aadl.jpg

Sweet build my friend. I would love to see more photos and please include the base.  I need to work on having better display bases for shows, otherwise 1/48th Jets do not seem to catch the eye as much. The base draws the eyes in.

It is a privilege to have guys who served with these aircraft contributing to the forum, MrVark is another who I am thankful of service and the details that can be provided.

One more question: is it possible to make just from this kit JASDF F-15DJ, or should I buy GWH's F-15B/D for that?

I believe I would need new wheels, but maybe something more?

Edited by Solo
20 hours ago, Solo said:

One more question: is it possible to make just from this kit JASDF F-15DJ, or should I buy GWH's F-15B/D for that?

I believe I would need new wheels, but maybe something more?

If you are trying to build an "E", get the "I" kit. You cant make the B/D kit into an "E" unless you have an aftermarket cockpit, CFT's, bombs and new missile rails and missiles, and wheels.

17 hours ago, Solo said:

I ma trying to build F-15DJ from I.

You need the B/D kit. Fighter twin tubs defer from the E in the cockpit and landing gear/ doors. Fin top counterbalances too and tail booms too if it's a early DJ.

1 hour ago, Stinger16 said:

Can you make a f-15e from this kit ?   This is also a re boxing of the gwh kit

The F-15K has GE (vs PW) engines - does the GWH kit have those parts?

• 3 months later...