ARC Discussion Forums
RedCrown

Top Gun 2 Production begins

mother_of_god_by_rober_raik-d4cw2di.png

Cool! So excited! TG was the movie that got me hooked on aviation and modeling. So will be eagerly awaiting, watching, and owning a copy of it out of reverence if nothing else. 

looks like the Super Bug's finally gonna take the center stage... unless the Navy allows the F-35C to be featured...

I just hope they don’t have a volleyball scene in this one!  Just focus on the jet and combat!

Sorry to be a buzzkill. But I hope this doesn't cost another pilot his life in filming like Art Scholl.

Probably not, with the state of CGI and whatnot, but I can't watch the original without thinking about Art.

Super Bug?

What about using something more nicer to see like a Rafale?

33 minutes ago, Mizar said:

Super Bug?

What about using something more nicer to see like a Rafale?

For a US Navy film?

Is that his original helmet? I'm surprised his head can still fit in it after all his success.🤑

1 hour ago, Jonathan_Lotton said:

For a US Navy film?

C'mon EA/Dice are ruining both WW1 and WW2 history with their stupid Battlefield games, I guess Hollywood can pretty much do the same and force a female amputee pilot as MC flying in a freaking Rafale while fighting against Best Korea ADF-01 Falken with Pixy in the backseat

Looking around the web at commentary about the TG2 photo I'm amazed at the foundationless speculations, umm, I mean, conclusions people are drawing from it.

It is a picture of the character looking toward an F-18, that's it, period, there is no 33rd degree esoteric conspiracy theory meaning in it.

Or maybe I'm just blind to hidden mystical messages because I have autism.

7 hours ago, Hans said:

looks like the Super Bug's finally gonna take the center stage... unless the Navy allows the F-35C to be featured...

The first Behind Enemy Lines with Owen Wilson had it up front and close. Pretty darn good filming too.

If Maverick is feeling the need for speed he ain't going to find it in a Super Hornet.😀

I'm just hoping that no matter what, the US Navy supports the film like they did the first one. if there is REAL footage of the Super Hornet, then it COULD be good. 

Aaron 

Not knowing anything about the movie myself, I would assume there will be good Super Hornet footage.  I was reading a while back that Tom Cruise was not going to do the film if it was CGI aircraft...only real footage. I am hoping for some goof F-5 or F-16 footage from Fallon myself!

David

Statuesque Tom Cruise had to sit on phone books so he could be seen over the canopy rail when sitting in the seat of the Tomcat in TG1

Thirty years later phone books are extinct.  Guess they will have to use CGI to elevate Big Tom in TG2.

10 hours ago, habu2 said:

Statuesque Tom Cruise had to sit on phone books so he could be seen over the canopy rail when sitting in the seat of the Tomcat in TG1

Thirty years later phone books are extinct.  Guess they will have to use CGI to elevate Big Tom in TG2.

Nah, just sitting on his wallet will suffice :)

Or his ego....

43 minutes ago, Andrew D. the Jolly Rogers guy said:

Nah, just sitting on his wallet will suffice 🙂

Or his ego....

So he's got a big head AND a big butt!

21 hours ago, Darren Roberts said:

Is that his original helmet? I'm surprised his head can still fit in it after all his success.🤑

Highly unlikely.

12 hours ago, habu2 said:

Maybe they'll use a barber booster seat? 

17 hours ago, habu2 said:

They'll just use a booster seat from McDonald's this time around.:thumbsup:

3 hours ago, GW8345 said:

They'll just use a booster seat from McDonald's this time around.:thumbsup:

🤣

Does the Navy have "up-or-out" rules?  If so, what's the absolute latest year main character Pete "Maverick" Mitchell could still be a Captain in the Navy, if he was a Lieutenant in 1986?  😎

3 hours ago, Fishwelding said:

Does the Navy have "up-or-out" rules?  If so, what's the absolute latest year main character Pete "Maverick" Mitchell could still be a Captain in the Navy, if he was a Lieutenant in 1986?  😎

Dear God, don't make him an admiral.... :doh:

Wasn’t that pilot from VF-74 who shot down an RF-4C back in the 80’s, didn’t he make rear admiral?