ARC Discussion Forums
RedCrown

Top Gun 2 Production begins

It's only Top Gun if they bring back Goose.  Actually, that and make sure there is a heavy homoerotic aspect as well.    

Post poned till june 2020...  in the meanwhile they just finished painting Maverick's Superbug..

Edited by cag_200

Top Gun without the Tomcat is like having a bar with no booze- not many people will want to be going! 

It already has a bit of fantasy since Top Gun and even it's successor NSAWC are gone. The Super Hornet paint scheme is pretty cool though. 

19 hours ago, Chriss7607 said:

Top Gun without the Tomcat is like having a bar with no booze- not many people will want to be going! 

It already has a bit of fantasy since Top Gun and even it's successor NSAWC are gone. The Super Hornet paint scheme is pretty cool though. 

Well, NFWS is gone, but doesn't Topgun remain as a course within NAWDC?

18 hours ago, Camus272 said:

Well, NFWS is gone, but doesn't Topgun remain as a course within NAWDC?

Hmm.. you know I don't honestly know how the Navy does air-to-air training once NSAWC was gone. For some reason I wanted to say that everything was combined with the Air Force, but I remembered VFC-111's F-5s. Are they aggressors? I don't think the old NFWS/ Top Gun insignia is being used anymore. I could be wrong. 

Either way, the glory days of cool jets blazing out of Miramar and Top Gun as it was are sadly past. 

I think the F-5s fly out of Key West as a different form of DACT. 

In 1969, the United States Navy Fighter Weapons School (TOPGUN) was established to develop and implement a course of graduate-level instruction in aerial combat.  Today, TOPGUN continues to provide advanced tactics training for FA-18A-F aircrew in the Navy and Marine Corps through the execution of the Strike Fighter Tactics Instructor (SFTI) Course.  TOPGUN is the most demanding air combat syllabus found anywhere in the world.  The SFTI Course ultimately produces graduate-level strike fighter tacticians, adversary instructors, and Air Intercept Controllers (AIC) who go on to fill the critical assignment of Training Officer in fleet units.

From >>> here <<<

Section N7

So TOPGUN still exists today

-Gregg

Wow,  ok then. I learned something new. Top Gun IS still around. 

I still think that a Top Gun movie without the Tomcat still isn't as cool.😎

That color scheme is... Super Boring. Looks like a knockoff of the Eastern Airlines “hockey stick” livery, only not cool. Light blue? Whose idea was that?

They should have recycled a defunct Tomcat squadron logo. VF-1, VF-114, VF-51... VF-51 would have been cool because Maverick’s dad flew with VF-51 in Vietnam.

Oh, well. Now they can high-five on their way out to the F/A-18F and say, “I feel the need, the need for FUEL!”