Hi, all. I don't build WWI, so I need to ask questions. I am looking for a 1/48 Spad (found two at Eduard - regular and late - don't know which I need) and a set of decals for Captain Eddie's Hat In The Ring aircraft. Doing a search, I'm not finding anything on the decals. I don't know what decal companies are hiding out there for WWI. Thanks for any help you may be able to share.

BP Don 

Edited by Bushpounder

I found AeroMaster 48-575 U.S Spad Aces 1918. You may need to trawl online shops or ebay for the decals or the kit. Dragon had a Rickenbacker boxing for their SPAD XIII; they have another boxing that should at least give you the hat-in-the-ring markings.

BTW, Roden #403, Nieuport 28C1, has markings for several AEF 94th  Aero Squadron aircraft, including Rickenbacker's.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Can't hurt to contact Eduard to see if they have any extra sets of the Rickenbacker decals available.  The Eduard kit is available on EBay for nearly $100 - but that is very pricey.   Eduard also sells the SPAD as 'Overtrees' which is just the plastic kit without decals or PE. I used the Revell 1/28 kit and Copper State decals for my build:

FN6vl2.jpg

Definitely not on the same level as an Eduard kit - but it builds up into a nice model all the same.  Good luck with your hunt!

Merit also offers a 1/24 scale Spad XIII but I've never built one of the Merit kits (and just heard about them - so know nothing about them) if you are interested.  Also on EBay...

Chris

Edited by CANicoll
Added text