Iron Man Mark 24 "Tank" from Iron Man 3

Here's my version of Stark's Mark 24 "Tank" from Iron Man 3. I painted the Dragon 1/9 Mark 17 "Heartbreaker" as a Mark 24 "Tank." The armours were virtually the same, but the Mark 24 was given a different colour scheme. I don't think it even shows up in the movie, though it was in some promotional material. Hot Toys did a 1/6 version that I used for reference (from pics on the web). 

According to one of the FX guys who worked on the movie, when I asked him what he would suggest for colors, he said " To be honest those shaders were never really laid out. That movie was so rushed it had all the parts and colors slapped on as fast as possible.  You could provide whatever you think is correct."

I ended up mixing the brown using Vallejo acrylics, including a bottle of Vallejo thats supposed to give a metallic look to a paint. It worked well enough, particularly when you can see it in person. To get the varying degrees of a slight "rose" tint on some of the silver, I misted some Alclad bronze over Alclad silver. It actually worked pretty well, though you can't always see it in the pics.

I ended up mixing the brown with Vallejo paints, and painted the metallics in Alcad. There is a slight tint to some of the silver, but it doesn’t show up as well in the pics. Misted some bronze over some silvers for a slight tint. Worked quite well actually. This certainly is a kit that begs for lighting, as with the other eleven I've done from Iron Man 3, I used super small LEDs powered by a 9 volt battery in the base.

I’m pretty happy with how it turned out, and of course, comments are welcome! Apologies to those of you who opened this post thinking you'd see an actual military tank. 🙂

27632205027_00abbe6885_z.jpg

42447700142_b8940914b1_z.jpg

42447699182_38453b6c04_z.jpg

41776939804_91fc50e5fa_z.jpg

42447697252_669ed1535a_z.jpg

Oh, and below is a pic of the 1/9 Dragon kit I did as the Mark 17 Heartbreaker (it did actually show up in IM3)

42451536762_dff5f05e1c.jpg

Edited by Dr. Brad
Grammar

Twelve....Masking one Iron Man kit was enough for me.  You did an excellent job on it and I think I like those colors much better than the red scheme.

Thanks Els. It's too bad we never got to see this suit in action in Iron Man 3.... Next up for my Iron Man builds is one of the Moebius Mark 3 kits (the second version with a better pose than the first version of the kit).