For the Hornet buffs out there...

I follow a page on Facebook (for my sins!) which routinely posts photos of Tomcats and Hornets.  I have no idea where the owner of the page gets their photos from but I suspect he/she rips off a lot of photos from other pages and google searches and as a consequence is always being corrected for incorrect information.

One this occasion the poster has included a photo that has me stumped.  The aircraft is from VFA-147 Argonauts but I am unsure if it is an upgraded F/A-18A or an early F/A-18C.  It has the straight blade antenna of an A but with the blisters of a C.  I can't find any information about the aircraft eg Bureau Number or when the aircraft was on cruise with NG404.  Could anyone shed some light on this?

33745823_2153686281517820_5403055196077031424_n.jpg.7971e3f50ee478e98bc30b6945b55371.jpg

Only the 'C's have the extra antennas on the spine and nose, so it's, for sure, a 'C' .  The Argo's were on the Nimitz from November of '95 til May of '96. Google 'VFA-147 on USS Nimitz' and you can get more photos or info. 

Edited by fasteagle12