What version can you build from the Monogram 1/48 B-26 Marauder?

Getting ready to start one of these and was wondering what my options are as far what it represents.  I know the b-26 went from A-G modelwise.  Which one does the kit represent.  The instructions don't mention anything about the version.

Geoff M

The kit is a B-26B/C..those two were identical, just built at different plants.  The B-26A (and earlier B-26 with no letter) had shorter wings and tail surfaces and different engine cowls.  You would have to make major modifications to the Monogram kit for that, or buy an aftermarket conversion set (I believe Lone Star models has one.)  The B-26G had increased wing incidence..that is, the wings were angled up slightly from the earlier models to improve low-speed handling on takeoff and landing.  Again, to make an accurate G-model you'd need to do some major surgery where the wings meet the fuselage.  At one point the Monogram kit was released labeled as a "G," but as far as I know the plastic was unchanged, just new decals.

SN

Edited by Steve N