Hi All, just finished the Revelle 1/32 scale ME 109 G10. I did this one OOB, and tried out the German Mottling Camouflage. this is a trial run for my Hasegawa Fw 190D with all the aftermarket goodies. i posted these images on my facebook ac, and the main comment was about the splaying of the landing gears, unfortunately it cant be splayed out in the revelle kit, my left landing strut snapped. so its best to cut a wedge and insert a piece of plastic as the neck of the gear strut before gluing it into the slot at the wheel wells. The Revelle build guide was also a bit confusing, the paint guide does not match up with the description and some parts are numbered wrongly.

other than that, it was pretty easy and no real big issues.

hope you enjoy these pics

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Impressive job on this, the paint work really jumps out with it's quality. Is this the one reputed to have been Hartman's last mount?

Steve.

Edited by stevehnz
1 hour ago, stevehnz said:

Impressive job on this, the paint work really jumps out with it's quality. Is this the one reputed to have been Hartman's last mount?

Steve.

thanks Steve, yeah the aircraft was in action in autumn 1944, so i guess close enough at the end?

I think I might be confusing this mount of his with the K-4 as modelled by Fine Molds, I believe there is discussion among the cognescenti as to whether or not he ever flew that machine but I have seen photos of him in this one with the outline only gruppenkommader doppel-winkel. I've markings to do this in 1/72, I have bookmarked your build as reference.

Steve.

2 hours ago, stevehnz said:

I think I might be confusing this mount of his with the K-4 as modelled by Fine Molds, I believe there is discussion among the cognescenti as to whether or not he ever flew that machine but I have seen photos of him in this one with the outline only gruppenkommader doppel-winkel. I've markings to do this in 1/72, I have bookmarked your build as reference.

Steve.

thanks for the complements Steve.