Keepin' it small! 1/20 Rex Combi (OOB)

For those who grew up in the ‘60s or ‘70s, big cars were just the norm. For those, like me, who grew up in the late ‘70s and early ‘80s, large cars were still quite plentiful, but they weren’t being replaced as they died. No, instead, we got to see them replaced by much smaller, imported cars, with transverse engines and none-too-exciting two-box hatchback body styles. At the time, these newcomers looked positively ridiculous in comparison. However, most of us never knew that things got much, much smaller than that!

Given that I love everyday cars, weird cars and loser cars (or at least those that suck due to inherent non-excitingness), it’s not a surprise that I have a goodly number of weird kits in my stash. I’m also a bit of a 1/20 lover, although I’ve never built one, I have a lot of them, and I’m always on the lookout for more. Thankfully, I managed to find one that isn’t going to suck up much shelf space!

If you want small, quirky and outright laughably non-aggressive, check out my recently acquired 1/20 Subaru Rex Combi!  Don’t tell me I don’t bring you the weirdness in spades!

https://adamrehorn.wordpress.com/model-kits/out-of-box-reviews/1-20-aoshima-1981-subaru-rex-combi-out-of-box/

rex-combi-oob-001.jpg?w=380]

Edited by Faust

Yeah, I agree. However, it also looks like a Fiesta, so I guess there are only so many ways to make a tiny econobox, at least in the early '80s! 

I'm pretty sure this car is smaller than a rabbit, though. In fact, I think the 1/20 Rex is about as big as a 1/25 or 1/24 Rabit!