For fans of "The Expanse"...

For fans of the GREAT Scifi show  "The Expanse" there's a Rocinante ship 'dio' set on eBay. It's produced by Lootcrate (They say it's an exclusive). It's basically the ship, 2 posts, the base and a Jupiter backdrop. I do not know what scale it is. But I just spent $17. 00 on one and the rest seem to be ranging around $30.00...

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=m570.l1313&_nkw=The+Expanse+Rocinante+Model+Loot+Crate+EXCLUSIVE&_sacat=0

HTH somebody!

MattP

Edited by MattP
On 6/11/2018 at 8:45 AM, Aussie-Pete said:

That's great for such a new show.
love the show

It's not so much a "new" show. It's in it's 3rd season. The 4th season will be exclusively on Amazon Prime

Well O.K..... I received the "kit" today. As I stated before there's the 'model'. Which is a 1 piece affair. made out of some kind of weird plastic/vinyl. And it's around 5 inches. It can NOT be sanded or filed. There's a small mold seam that I tried initially to sand out, then file out only to have a rolled burr along the sanding line. I was going to try to paint it and weather it, but I'm not so sure how the model material will react. There are some markings, very LITTLE weathering. The rest of the "kit" is a base, two posts, and a picture of Jupiter as a backdrop. I paid around $16.00 with shipping. O.K. I'll say that it MIGHT be worth that, but NO WAY is it worth some of the CRAZY prices I've seen it go for at eBay auctions. Do NOT pay more than what I paid, or you're going to be banging your head against a door frame... 

Edited by MattP
  • 2 months later...