VF-74 F-14 A+ Tomcat, VF-154 Tomcat and two TA-4J Bandits

Hi everyone,

This is my VF-74 F-14A+. BU162919 is my favorite Tomcat. I have built many Hasegawa Tomcats over the years from when I was a child (first one turned out a mess but it was fun!) to this one. I bought this when I passed my commercial pilots license checkride. It took me six years, five different cities, two countries and 2600 flying hours to finally get around to finishing it. It was supposed to be the one I went nuts on with aftermarket. My ultimate model. I like the way it turned out but I cant wait to build a Tamiya jet. I find that after a Hasegawa Tomcat a Tamiya f-16 or Hase A-4 is a must for stress relief ha!

One of the bits I am most proud of was being able to make the AMU Reaver P.E NACA vents work. I suck at P.E. and I think it turned out great. The vents are actually vents not plastic impressions. I also changed the exhaust grills by the vertical tails and the heat exchanger vents by the turtle back. That was exceptionally difficult for me. I don't know how some of you guys do it so well!

Stuff used : Aires pit, AMU Reaver P.E. , Fightertown decals, G Factor landing gear (waste of time, just copied the same mistakes as the plastic gear but in metal), DR Pepper GE afterburner cans (couldn't get the Shull ones but they are still nice), MAW resin AIM-9 rails, steel beach slime lights and maybe more stuff but it has been forever and I forgot.

Bonus VF-154 jet was an old Hase tomcat, stripped and painted quickly for fun. The Two TA-4J skyhawks are Fujimi. Got them for free and made up some pretend bandit camo. The green/grey one was inspired by the F-5 Viggen sceme. The Cyrillic writing on the base translates to "turn left now quickly!". In other words BREAK LEFT!

tomcats_11.jpg

tomcats_3.jpgtomcats_6.jpgtomcats_8.jpgtomcats_9.jpg

tomcats_1.jpg

Black knight and bandits

tomcats_12.jpgtomcats_14.jpgtomcats_16.jpgtomcats_21.jpgtomcats_19.jpgtomcats_20.jpg

• 2 months later...
On 8/20/2018 at 1:46 AM, Parabat said:

That VF-74 logo is just awesome, a shame they got disbanded, would be cool to see a VFA-74 Super Hornet. Very nice, I hope Tamiya bring out a B Tomcat that can be made into an A+ Tomcat.

I really hope Tamiya brings out a B. Its my favourite Tomcat. Really want a 142 B, 103 sluggers (multiple) and more 74 B jets! Pus a load of other A models and a couple Ds also. Need more room!

On 8/20/2018 at 5:50 AM, Whiskey said:

How did you like the A.M.U.R. Reaver stuff?

The AMUR reaver stuff is excellent. I used maybe 50% of the set. I didn't want to chop up a lot of the kit. I found it hard to use as I am pretty much a rookie with P.E. The set however is beautiful and the bits I did use looks exceptional. Highly recommended.