Aftermarket 1/144 B-36 decals?

Does anyone know if aftermarket decals are available for the Hobbycraft 1/144 B-36 peacemaker?  I have the B-36D kit (HC1272) and it looks pretty generic.  AFAIK, the B-36D/F/H/J were "almost" externally identical, so the only variation would be in markings.  Though I would love to do a B-36D of the 42nd BW(H) from Loring AFB, ME, I may want to model a more colorful B-36J of the 95th BW(H) from Biggs AFB, TX.  Just curious.  This kit will test my natural metal finish skills.  R/ Dutch

Microscale, Scale-Master, and Warbirds all did two or three sheets in 1/72 scale. By 1955-56, most B-36's were pretty generic looking: SAC bands with wing badges and possibly color highlights on nose wheel doors, jet pods, and tip of tail. Possibly prop spinners as well. The different shades for magnesium and polished aluminum will test my skills enough.

Hmm.  I could do a whiffie in SIOP scheme with AGM-28 Hound Dogs!

Hey Dutch,

I got a pretty comprehensive sheet in 1/144 several years ago but I don't recall who it was from.   Seems like it was a private fella making and selling them on his own.   I know I don't have his email any more but I'll check the sheet and see if I can figure out who made it.   It did not come with instructions but the subjects on the sheet were on the interweb so it wasn't difficult to find out what markings went with what plane.

Don

I would be down for a 1/144 B-36 sheet.  I've got the Hobbycraft kit about 80% complete, but it was a rush job and I'm not really happy with how the paint and decals turned out.  Since there aren't really any aftermarket options, I'm reluctant to strip it.

SN

On ‎6‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 9:02 AM, Kingoalie said:

I thought Warbird Decals made a sheet but it looks like that was 1/72nd. 

On ‎6‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 3:15 AM, KursadA said:

I just know which direction this thread is going to - LOL

Hey Dutch,,,,, Fish On!!!!!!!

Seriously, I'm down for a set!

I will definitely do it in 1/144 scale first, even with NB-36H markings if I can fit them. I ordered the reference material and will eventually borrow a kit from one of you when I draw the base profiles and the infrastructure work. I have already committed to delivering too many subjects for the next few months, though; so no firm commitment or a product number yet.

Edited by KursadA

Would you be including all the wing walkways?  The thought of trying to paint those is what really put me off on the idea of stripping and repainting my B-36.

SN

On 6/14/2018 at 5:10 PM, KursadA said:

Oh look: somebody is selling an NB-36 nose. Hmm...

https://www.shapeways.com/product/Z6UMBTBN9/1-144-nb-36h-nose-section-gear-down

Thanks for this link Kursad!  They have some pretty neat looking 3D printed parts for the Monogram B-36.  I just ordered the single radome piece for the early RB-36F I'm building from the Monogram kit.  The closed bomb bay doors look great too but I'm not sure I want to spend that much $$$ on it.  Especially when I need to order more Caracal Decals!!! 🙂

-Derek

Thanks a lot for the offers, folks - I am not sure which one of you is the closest to Texas, but I will contact you to borrow a kit when I start working on this sheet. With so many new releases lined up for the next couple of months, realistically the earliest I could get started with the artwork is September-October.

Edited by KursadA