Eurofighter "Bronze Tiger"

3 hours ago, Mr Matt Foley said:

Very nice. Are the Olimp Exhausts much of an improvement?

Yes, even though the Olimp parts are very poorly cast and need careful polish of the exhaust feathers...

1 minute ago, Lorebor said:

Yes, even though the Olimp parts are very poorly cast and need careful polish of the exhaust feathers...

Thanks, I'll add them to my list. Your paint and decaling  job is superb. I have that kit myself, but will be building an operational RAF Tiffy.

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, delayar said:

Is the IP cover scratch built, or did you use some aftermarket?

I improved the kit part; same thing for the rear section of the cockpit...

main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_it

main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_it

Cheers!

Very nice work! The first thing that stood out to me was how good the IP Cover looks; not just the detail but the painting and weathering. It took me a long time to learn that items that should be painted flat black actually look better when painted either a very dark gray or lightened flat black followed by a pure black wash plus dry-brushing. It appears you did something similar here and the effects are outstanding; my apologies if I'm wrong. The crystal clear canopy really helps reveal all the intricate detail work you put into the Cover; great job!

Elmo

2 hours ago, wardog said:

It took me a long time to learn that items that should be painted flat black actually look better when painted either a very dark gray or lightened flat black followed by a pure black wash plus dry-brushing. It appears you did something similar here and the effects are outstanding; my apologies if I'm wrong.

You got it right: that's exactly what i did...

Lorenzo