F-35I Adir Paint Scheme???

Does anybody have an idea of what/how the IAF has painted their F-35I Adir's??? I've seen photo-shopped pix of a standard sand-green-brown over grey bottom. and F-35A standard of grey all over. Anybody have any clue on which it is?

Thank you in advance!

MattP

What's the best rattle-can color? I'm doing a 1/144 scale desk-top commission (the kit is from a  company called F-Toys "High-Spec") and I  don't want  or need complicated...

TIA

MattP

Edited by MattP

HOLY CRAP... I said the one phrase that negates ALL discussion... "1/144"... WOW!... I'm doing an F-toys F-35 on a name plate/penholder...

WHY??

MattP

Edited by MattP
7 hours ago, Camus272 said:

Spray can? There isn't likely to be a close match.  Being the newest official color, three or four minor paint companies have begun making 36170 , but it isn't widely available.

indeed!

I would suggest to the OP to review this thread (here on ARC) from a few months ago.

Ytsejam87, Thanks for the connection to the thread! As It's a 'quick' build. I think I'll got with Tamiya's XF-54 Dark Sea Grey as I happen to have it in my paint stash.

Thank you all for the assist!!!

MattP

Ilias, I'm doing it in 1/144 scale, I appreciate the info but the site only has decals for LARGE A/C in that scale. I will watch the site in hopes that they produce 1/144 Adir decals...

MattP

Oops 🙂 I am sure someone will issue them in 1/144. In the meantime, creating your own may be the path here... No experience on this scale but I would assume it's better to use decals than paint using masks etc... 

Ilias, from looking at the decal set at Isradecals, it looks like pretty standard F-35 markings with the exception of the subdued IAF roundels. I guess I could experiment with masking and painting. But in 1/144 scale that's going to be a tiny mask.