Looking for something for the man cave?

Boeing is apparently always looking for ways to make a few extra dollars.   Write a  $19K to Boeing and you can get this:

https://foxtrotalpha.jalopnik.com/boeing-will-sell-you-an-ejection-seat-1826638123

Personally, I think this is pretty darned cool.   If it was only a few thousand, I think I'd actually bring this up to the wife.  $19K is a bit too steep for me though.

Good grief that’s way too expensive!  Check eBay where you can find F-4 seats for A LOT less than that!  I bought my B-52 and T-33 ejection seats for only a few hundred bucks!

-Derek

Actually, go to the Boeing Store.   Lots of cool stuff, some pricy ($9,000 coffee table made from a 727 turbine fan) some less so.  They have a turbine blade from a B-52 with a nice mounting plate for $100.   I’m thinking that would look pretty nice on my desk.

I mentioned the ejection seat to my wife.   She told me that if the seat shows up, she’ll be ejecting me from the house!     Oh well, I tried.....

I kidnapped a Phantom seat once, we were flying against St Louis F-15s and acquired some of their “stuff” from the officers mess. We took their mascot back to Canada too.

It was interesting when our truck went through customs. We told them we stole all the items.

They had to pay us a visit in Cold Lake to repatriate their items.

18 hours ago, Scooby said:

I kidnapped a Phantom seat once, we were flying against St Louis F-15s and acquired some of their “stuff” from the officers mess. We took their mascot back to Canada too.

It was interesting when our truck went through customs. We told them we stole all the items.

They had to pay us a visit in Cold Lake to repatriate their items.

lovely old tradition.  I was party to the liberation of an F-86 seat and held it ransom for the first round of drinks!

regards

Edited by Stan in YUL
On 6/11/2018 at 7:03 AM, Stan in YUL said:

lovely old tradition.  I was party to the liberation of an F-86 seat and held it ransom for the first round of drinks!

regards

You should see the pictures we have of the 410 Cougar when we kidnapped it.

• 3 weeks later...