Piper Bomber - Wagner Twin Piper 1/32 Revell x 2

11 hours ago, Darren Roberts said:

Was that real? That's very NOICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Darren,

I'm by no means an expert on aircraft, and wondered the same thing. So I googled it. and it indeed was. There was actually two different porotypes made by Wagner Aviation. Neither one sold, and were returned to their original configuration.

Joel

pBit6H.jpg

fFuElp.jpg

Ha, I remember reading about these things way back in the day! In addition to the Twin Cub here, there was a Twin Pacer made by Wagner. Rather than simply join two Cubs/Pacers at the wing spar, it was a single-fuselage Pacer with a custom-made twin engine mount up front (imagine similar to the Twin Cub). Here's a link with more information and pictures:

http://www.aviastar.org/air/usa/wagner_twinpacer.php

It seems Wagner may have also contrived a Twin Ercoupe, returning to the Twin Cub's method of construction (joining two fuselages together along the wing spar). In all three cases it seems that Wagner was trying to simply create a very practical, easy-to-fly twin for entry-level pilots rather than simply doing it for the novelty, based on my (really super-quick) research.