GWH 1/48 Su-35 and Bort 902

Hi All

I've tried to find an answer before posting, so forgive me if this has been discussed.

I bought the GWH Su-35 over the KH version for quality reasons.  Only trouble is that the GHW kit does not come with prototype Bort 902 markings.  Perhaps this is because a true Su-35S is not correct for Bort 902.  So ultimate question is, can you put Bort 902 on the GWH kit and still be accurate?

Lastly, if okay, does anyone have Bort 902 markings they aren't going to use?  Likely only need the numbers.

Edited by Jonathan S
Corrected typo.

Gday Jonathon,

the short answer is you cannot do the splinter scheme 902 using the GWH kit.  The reason being , 902 being a  prototype,  was fitted with the early type tail stinger featuring top mounted chaff dispensers as depicted in the KH kit

The GWH kit has the later style stinger with downward facing dispensers that was fitted to all airframes shortly after introduction to service

Bruce

In short what Bruce said. There are a few other nuances and details but basically the gist is that GWH has only the late stinger. It is not impossible to modify it yourself through.

Thank you gentlemen for your answers, very much appreciated!  Except for eggplant, I like any of the paint schemes, but wanted Bort 902.  I'm not going to build it this year, so now have to consider if I'm going to modify.

7 hours ago, Jonathan S said:

Thank you gentlemen for your answers, very much appreciated!  Except for eggplant, I like any of the paint schemes, but wanted Bort 902.  I'm not going to build it this year, so now have to consider if I'm going to modify.

You can build 902 from the Kinetic kit.