CD144013 - 1/144 C-97 / KC-97

10 hours ago, Drifterdon said:

And there are enough options on this sheet you can build the plane in front of the Airplane Restaurant (Solos) in Colorado Springs.

That's right, that's the one I think I'm going to do, ol' 283.  The only thing missing will be the small Texas flag center and just below the cockpit glass. 

Thanks for doing this sheet Kursad, it looks amazing and I can't wait to buy it!!

-Derek

On 11/22/2018 at 6:18 PM, Dutch said:

Kursad, Great work! A few notes. The orange markings on each side of the tail are slightly different. The port side has a cut out for some aerial or panel [see the New Hampshire C-97 photo]. The stbd side is solid, with no cutout, [see Tennessee C-97 photo.] So the cutout on the tail marking on the left side of the sheet needs to be filled in. Any plans to include Tennessee and New Hampshire state names? R/ Dutch

You fixed it!

19 hours ago, Dutch said:

You fixed it!

Yes - thanks for the heads-up, I had not noticed it. 

I had the Tennessee markings drawn and ready, but had to cull a few options to make space on the sheet. Had I known you particularly wanted it, I would have kept it instead of New York (which is the only option with the war bonnet). When the decals are ready, please remind me to e-mail you a laser-printable image with the TN markings.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Kursad, Received my decals today.  Very impressive work.  Love the orange war bonnet markings, though a little curious about tail markings.  See my PM. R/ Dutch

Edited by Dutch
  • 3 months later...

Great decals Kursad!  Thanks for all you do for us modelers!

I'll post a some completed photos in the "Display Case" section 🙂

-Derek

p.s.  onto the C-133 next!

68PXIX2.jpg

Hi All,

This one is finally done, 

Edited by viking73

I will start a gallery when I come back from vacation in August. It will be a makeshift one at first, but I will have a more sophisticated gallery / blog /Twitter feed setup later in the year.

• 5 months later...