Kagero Mini Topcolors

Hello all,

I recently purchased the Kagero Mini Topcolors for a P-38 that I am working on.  I thought that I might say something about it for others who may be thinking about purchasing this product because what I received was a little different than what I was expecting. 

This is basically just a set of decals with very nice artists rendering of the aircraft profiles.  For the set that I ordered there were 8 different schemes (7 with one aircraft that changed the anti glare panels from OD to black).  The decals are printed in 1:72, 1:48 and 1:32 scales.  There are no Stencils included, you must source those yourself.  The decals were printed by Cartograf and the quality and usability are excellent.  The decals are not numbered in any way so you have to relay on the profiles for their locations.  This is fine for the P-38 since there were not many aircraft specific markings.  I ordered my set from Amazon and the seller listed it as a book and decals.  Saying the it is a book is definitely a stretch.  It is 18 pages and there is a short description of each aircraft in English and Polish with the profiles.  Mostly the profiles name the pilot, squadron and location at the time the aircraft was decorated as depicted in the profile.  There may be one or two sentences about what happened to the aircraft or the pilot but that is it for any type of history of the aircraft.  Then they give you various colors of stripes spinners etc.  There are no FS color references or anything like that.  It will say something like "Red nose and spinners and yellow outer sides of the vertical tails."  It is up to you to come up with either the proper colors or good enough match to the artwork."

I got mine for $20 shipped.  I expected there to be more to the "book" portion of the product since at the bottom in big bold letters it states "Free decals for all 8 painting schemes in 3 scales".  If you are not buying this for the decals you will be disappointed.  If you are buying it for the decals then you get your moneys worth.

Els