KA Models aftermarket parts

1 hour ago, shion said:

How would you represent this texture in 1/48 scale or 1/32?

aag.jpg?m=1371906227

A decal with a very fine halftone of pewter colored dots over a black background? I don't know. Probably best to just paint it a very dark grey with some pewter/steel colored metallic color added. So, it looks something like the petals in the link below (same link I posted above).

http://www.f-16.net/g3/f-16-photos/album03/album88/aby

Edited by Mstor
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi, all

Thank you very much for your interest in my products.

I have been doing a lot of work lately.

Of course, the nozzle products that you are interested in continue to design and produce.

In addition, we are designing and manufacturing many optional parts for our partner, Japan's plastic model maker, and we are also developing KA-Models original new mold kits.

Unfortunately, this(All new tool kit) is not the plane you are interested in, but I think we can meet this year.

Let me answer what many people are curious about.

1. My product is from a 3D printer.

I used to use CNC to develop prototypes and sell replicas in rubber molds.

I considered developing a prototype as a 3D printer, but decided that the surface was rough and not suitable.

The CNC prototype has an incredibly precise and perfect surface.

But if I duplicate it with a rubber mold, you have about 50% of the original quality.

Then I thought.

"It would be great if I could sell the prototype to everyone."

However, when machining with CNC, it takes about 2 ~ 3 days to make one nozzle.

Multiple sales are not possible.

However, we co-developed with a 3D printer manufacturer and found a way to produce satisfactory quality in large quantities.

It took about two years of research and I spent the cost of buying a Ferrari!

We share research results with printer manufacturers and develop technologies together.

The performance of the 3D printer is also important, but the design and printing of the output is also very important.

We have an output quality of 150% of the precision recommended by the manufacturer (this is why we are co-developing with the manufacturer).

2. My products are expensive compared to existing products.

However, because the resins used in 3D printers are very expensive more than normal resin(About 5000%!), my profits are much lower than those of past rubber molds.

Also, large nozzles such as 1/32 require a great deal of time to produce.

A machine can produce about 3 set of nozzles per a day.

Of course, I have multiple machines, so I produce a lot more per day.

But overall, the price is expensive.

It is the part that you need to understand.

3. About Carbon of F-16 Block 52.

I have a lot of worries about this.

I decided to express the carbon pattern on the surface of the nozzle.

This was a work that required a lot of effort.

I have 1/24 carbon decals for cars.

However, it is not easy to put this on a small nozzle.

Not all customers are professionals.

Of course, if the actual nozzle is reduced to exactly 1/48, it will be invisible.

However, I was convinced that it would be a pleasure to express the material of the real thing even if it became overscale and exaggerated.

It is much easier and cleaner to make than using decals.

Just finish with dry brushing with Tamiya Enamel Metalic Gray after painting black.

If you give it a discoloration effect by using Air Brush, you will see a better effect.

Thank you all for your interest in my product and good support.

I can not post here often, but I will always be thanking you and posting as often as I can.

I think a good company is saying good products.

I will steadily make better products and meet you!

10 hours ago, KA-MODELS said:

Of course, if the actual nozzle is reduced to exactly 1/48, it will be invisible.

However, I was convinced that it would be a pleasure to express the material of the real thing even if it became overscale and exaggerated.

I do believe it is far better to make this Surface just plain than so much exagerrated.

Now this nozzle looks just dissimilar to real nozzles of Block 52. This is the only reason I am not going to buy it, because of this effect.

What about to make another one without this carbon texture?

Second thing: your nozzles for F-16 (I mean opened version) are opened to much, please check nozzles in iddle position, they are not so wide opened in real aircraft. Look at the Aires nozzles for F-16 - that is how it should look.

And what about nozzle for Block 52 but for Tamiya? It could be nice welcomed.

You make wonderful nozzles, the best on the market and I wish to have few of them for F-16, but without those faults.

• 2 weeks later...

Go down to available scales. 1/48 is shown. I have the sheet btw.
In 1/48 you see black with bronze bits in it. Not the weave you would see in larger scales. But convincing enough that you don't need to paint it. 
Saw a build somewhere that they used this sheet for a Block 52. Looked good.
https://www.scalemotorsport.com/decals/composite-fiber-decals/carbon-fiber-plain-weave-black-on-pewter-metallic.html

6 hours ago, signals said:

Is ebay the only place to get these from?

Also, could they be used for the 1/48 B-1B?

If you mean the nozzles, then no. I have been getting them directly from the KA-Models website store:

http://ka-models.co.kr/

The48ers also sells them.

On 4/1/2019 at 10:19 PM, KA-MODELS said:

Hi, all

Thank you very much for your interest in my products.

I have been doing a lot of work lately.

Of course, the nozzle products that you are interested in continue to design and produce.

In addition, we are designing and manufacturing many optional parts for our partner, Japan's plastic model maker, and we are also developing KA-Models original new mold kits.

Unfortunately, this(All new tool kit) is not the plane you are interested in, but I think we can meet this year.

Let me answer what many people are curious about.

1. My product is from a 3D printer.

I used to use CNC to develop prototypes and sell replicas in rubber molds.

I considered developing a prototype as a 3D printer, but decided that the surface was rough and not suitable.

The CNC prototype has an incredibly precise and perfect surface.

But if I duplicate it with a rubber mold, you have about 50% of the original quality.

Then I thought.

"It would be great if I could sell the prototype to everyone."

However, when machining with CNC, it takes about 2 ~ 3 days to make one nozzle.

Multiple sales are not possible.

However, we co-developed with a 3D printer manufacturer and found a way to produce satisfactory quality in large quantities.

It took about two years of research and I spent the cost of buying a Ferrari!

We share research results with printer manufacturers and develop technologies together.

The performance of the 3D printer is also important, but the design and printing of the output is also very important.

We have an output quality of 150% of the precision recommended by the manufacturer (this is why we are co-developing with the manufacturer).

2. My products are expensive compared to existing products.

However, because the resins used in 3D printers are very expensive more than normal resin(About 5000%!), my profits are much lower than those of past rubber molds.

Also, large nozzles such as 1/32 require a great deal of time to produce.

A machine can produce about 3 set of nozzles per a day.

Of course, I have multiple machines, so I produce a lot more per day.

But overall, the price is expensive.

It is the part that you need to understand.

3. About Carbon of F-16 Block 52.

I have a lot of worries about this.

I decided to express the carbon pattern on the surface of the nozzle.

This was a work that required a lot of effort.

I have 1/24 carbon decals for cars.

However, it is not easy to put this on a small nozzle.

Not all customers are professionals.

It is much easier and cleaner to make than using decals.

Just finish with dry brushing with Tamiya Enamel Metalic Gray after painting black.

If you give it a discoloration effect by using Air Brush, you will see a better effect.

Thank you all for your interest in my product and good support.

I can not post here often, but I will always be thanking you and posting as often as I can.

I think a good company is saying good products.

I will steadily make better products and meet you!

Thanks for the the awesome products, I've bought several of the 1:48 F-15, F-16, and F-4 exhaust and they are absolutely gorgeous...would love see sets done for 1:48/1:32 F-105's very often overlooked subject...

I Just got my 1:48 exhaust for the Hasegawa f-16... They look really good.

9iNSQVu.jpg

fuSRsRp.jpg

Unfortunately, on the bottom of the nozzle (closed), there are some surface imperfections.  Maybe it happens only to the one I received.  Understandably, it is pushing the limits of 3D printing.  Overall, I am still satisfied with the product given you have two options (the open nozzle has no problem).  I still want to use the close nozzle, so the surface imperfections will face down, if I can't fix it with mr. surfacer:

6jYva5t.jpg

Edited by Jeffrey

Those look really nice Jeffrey. I still have mixed feelings about the carbon fiber representation. While it looks cool and you definitely get what its supposed to represent, its just not realistic. At scale distance, you just wouldn't see such coarse fiber detail.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

Ordered a few sets, to see how nice they are in the flesh.....well, not so good in my case:

F-15 Afterburner edges badly damaged

19051506301124006616238935.jpg

Flame holders completely warped

19051506301324006616238936.jpg

SR-71 exhaust cans with broken edges

19051506302024006616238937.jpg

19051509054524006616239247.jpg

Strange surfaces defects, like that....

19051509055924006616239249.jpg

or that

19051509055524006616239248.jpg

Don't misunderstand my message, i really find these sets to be vast improvements over kit parts ( especially SR-71 ),  but when received is such a poor chape, that's just useless.

• 2 months later...

Just noticed that KA-Models has exhausts (just the nozzles not the cans) for the ZM F-4s. Been waiting for these for a while now. Ordered a set of open exhausts for my F-4S kit directly from his site.

I order couple off F-15 exhaust and all I can say is what an awesome product. Both exhaust nozzles are the best I have so far. I hope to see more 1/32 product from KA-models.   

I got only a single F-15 exhaust set from KA models. It is one of the best detail parts I have ever seen. Great product. I didnt have any defects.

I hope they do some flanker (Su-27/Su-35) exhausts too. I would love see smt with this detail level for the 5 flanker variants on my bench 😄 

• 1 year later...

Anyone knows what is going on with KA-Models? I wrote them an email few days ago and didn't receive any repsons up to now.
Few days ago I made order and still have no information about shipment nor even there is not information about my order on my accout at their site.
Are they still manufacturing their products?