I was stationed at a top secret Air Base in Vietnam 68-69 with CIA directed Laos/Cambodia missions using F4's.  One of our planes was tail code HC 760.  I've had that plane built to exact specs based on the pictures I have of it.  I can not find any information on the HC tail codes.  Who out there knows how to find info on a particular plane?

49th TFW
Holloman AFB, New Mexico
(HA, HB, HC, HD and later HO tail codes)

The 49th Tactical Fighter Wing has a long history, tracing its ancestory back to the 49th Fighter Group of WWII fame.  The 49th FG was decativated following the war.  In 1948 a new unit was activated as the 49th Fighter Bomber Wing and redesignated as the 49th Tacticatl Fighter Wing.  From 1948 until 1966 the 49th had operated F-51s, F-80s, F-84s (the straight wing variety), F-100D/Fs and F-105D/Fs.  In 1966, the 49th transitioned from Thuds to the F-4Ds, which flown until 1978 when F-15A/Bs replaced the Phantom II.  The unit currently flies F-117s and AT-38s out of Holloman AFB, New Mexico.

http://www.angelfire.com/dc/jinxx1/Phantoms/USAFF4C_D.html