Kitty Hawk AH-6J/M replacing rivets (finished)

i started working on the left side of the fuselage on the weathering, i think it looks quite nice , depending on how the light falls on the fuselage you see more or less weathering.

I am mad because the tai bomm decal moved in UNITED word, and i dont have another one to replace it, so i will have to live with it as is

coments welcome

_MG_4508_zpsoqv2x8o2.jpg

_MG_4506_zpsmanmnz2a.jpg

_MG_4505_zpsetabq4eo.jpg

It appears KH got the decals wrong.  Those markings look almost white.  Compare to the pic I just posted on that 160th thread which shows the actual marking to be close to gunship grey.  Earlier LB’s had a different shade but I haven’t seen anything close to what KH came up with.   

Doesn’t take away from a magnificent job on this kit by any means.  Your weathering is outstanding!   

48 minutes ago, 11bee said:

It appears KH got the decals wrong.  Those markings look almost white.  Compare to the pic I just posted on that 160th thread which shows the actual marking to be close to gunship grey.  Earlier LB’s had a different shade but I haven’t seen anything close to what KH came up with.   

Doesn’t take away from a magnificent job on this kit by any means.  Your weathering is outstanding!   

Yes, the decals are light gray, i already reduce the color with tamiya weathering powder, but need to give them a darker shade, i need to finish this one with this decals for upcoming expo now in July for the new one u will get werner’s decals

Jorge

Edited by oppenheimerj

Some nice work is beeing dislpayed here Jorge! as usual you painting skills are something else! I might fallow your advice and tackle this one this way!! so I'll be watching closely!!

On 6/19/2018 at 1:05 PM, 11bee said:

I don't know...  saw this "art" on Kitty Hawk's FB page.  Maybe they know something we don't?   Kidding, of course not.   To paraphrase Henry Ford, you can paint your Littlebird in any color you want, as long as it's black.

Image may contain: sky and outdoor

There are more than a few glaring errors in this painting. Like the fact that Irish is a paved road...

9 hours ago, crushkill said:

There are more than a few glaring errors in this painting. Like the fact that Irish is a paved road...

LOL, that's the Kitty Hawk way...    On a semi-related note, somewhere I recall seeing a video of a Littlebird that appeared to fly under the swords.  Think it was a Blackwater helo, not 160th.  

12 hours ago, 11bee said:

LOL, that's the Kitty Hawk way...    On a semi-related note, somewhere I recall seeing a video of a Littlebird that appeared to fly under the swords.  Think it was a Blackwater helo, not 160th.  

Yeah it was a Blackwater bird, I remember the video. Baghdad was good times 😂

I will send you my decals to replace it if you have not yet clear coated it. It looks way too awesome to let that slide. I will send them to ya for free (no cost for shipping) if you are interested. Let me know Brother and I will ship them out.

Brandon

bstewart17@yahoo.com

Edited by Bravosierra001
just because
18 minutes ago, Bravosierra001 said:

I will send you my decals to replace it if you have not yet clear coated it. It looks way too awesome to let that slide. I will send them to ya for free (no cost for shipping) if you are interested. Let me know Brother and I will ship them out.

Brandon

bstewart17@yahoo.com

Brandon, thanks for your kind offer, already sealed the decals, i think by this weekend it will be ready, i am planning on buiding the M version that is coming soon this one in the A version so I will have both the AH and the MH.

Jorge

21 hours ago, oppenheimerj said:

Brandon, thanks for your kind offer, already sealed the decals, i think by this weekend it will be ready, i am planning on buiding the M version that is coming soon this one in the A version so I will have both the AH and the MH.

Jorge

No problem Jorge. Can not wait to see it completed. It looks great so far.

Brandon

9 hours ago, kike said:

You are getting slower kid!..... don't let work get in the way of modelling!! lol!!!

Kike i am trying to match your production rate, yes i am getting slower, this will be my 6th model finished in 2018 so far😝

Jorge,

Great job. Really like the weathering and the base gives it that nice touch. If my bird turns out 1/2 as good as yours I will be super happy.

When you get a chance, can you measure the height from the ground to the bottom of the bird at the engine and canopy? Using your skid measurements I am thinking about creating a jig for the legs and a stand for the model to rest on while the glue sets.