Tower Hobbies and Hasegawa Parts

Just Sent Tower and email about my Hasegawa parts I ordered on 12 March right before the Bankruptcy. I was told my order will still be processed when it arrives. I also inquired about the numerous items that are listed as backorder/order pending. I was told they are still going to get those items in and If I wanted something to go ahead and place the order b/c it will get filled and the payment will only be processed once the item arrives. IMO it looks like they are going to stay up and running for the time being. All that said I am going to place an order today for the R-G 1/32 P-51 and also a couple Italeri and Hasegawa kits.  Then sit back and see what shakes out over the next couple of months. Also I am breathing a little easier about the Hasegawa parts.

Don't know for sure but odds are no. All you can do is email them. info@towerhobbies.com   that is the easiest way to know for sure.

My order was placed about a month before the bankruptcy so it hopefully was already processed. Now my hope of getting the parts went from zero chance to at most a  1 in 5. As for ordering the kits that are out of stock but back order-able I give those  maybe a 50/50 chance. 

Then remember all is not lost Hasegawa will get a new US rep. once they do then you can order parts from that outfit. If mine never show up thats my plan of action. 

Viper

I had ordered a replacement part for an Legacy Hornet and it took almost 8 months to get the part. When I received the part it was broken in the same spot as the original part. Contacted them (Hobbico) and they reordered the part. Took 6 months to get the second and in one piece. 

Horizon Hobbies now owns Tower Hobbies, one of several departments that  they picked up after Hobbico's demise. However, they didn't pick up the distributorships for Hasegawa and Italeri. AFAIK, Hasegawa is still looking for a new US distributer.