CD48146 - 1/48 F-82 Twin Mustang

Hi,

Great to see that this sheet will go ahead.

Back in the dark days of late February when I thought that Ukraine was going to get crushed, I bought a couple of Ukranian kits including an F-82.

I don't mind at all that the sheet is going to be loaded with Korean war subjects...I look forward to the F-86 sheets as well.

Cheers, Stefan.

• 1 month later...
5 minutes ago, Corey said:

Looks great!  I’m super excited for this sheet!  

No girlie art make it on?

It looks like the kit sheet covered two of the most attractive ones. I am all for girlie art, but those big, interesting names in Gothic script went neglected for so long that I had to do those.  

1 hour ago, KursadA said:

It looks like the kit sheet covered two of the most attractive ones. I am all for girlie art, but those big, interesting names in Gothic script went neglected for so long that I had to do those.  

makes sense!  It’s a must buy for me regardless!

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I just checked and do not see any issues - folks are successfully placing orders since I enabled the button. If it does not work for your OS and browser combination you can email me for a Paypal invoice.

• 2 weeks later...

One note to make regarding option 10 on this sheet if you are going to make "Gruesome Twosome":  Some of the 339th aircraft had names that were parallel to the ground when on the ground.  Most had names that ran parallel to the aircraft centerline.  After re-examining my files it appears to me that Gruesome Twosome was an exception, having the name on the left fuselage running parallel to the ground, and the name on the right fuselage running parallel to the centerline.  It's one of the few 339th planes that I have photos from both sides to compare. 

WAPJphoto11crop.jpg

f82photo25resize.jpg

And yes, it could be from two different time frames but these planes and names weren't around at Johnson for a long time before being replaced with F-94B aircraft.

And yes, they did switch tail numbers some.  The tanks also switched planes as well.  This is 4 with a 5 drop tank being fitted. Top photo via World Air Power Journal, bottom from my collection.

Model on.

Rick L.

• 1 month later...

*Moved from 1/72 thread*

Another pointless observation/variation:

For some reason, the aircraft data block had a couple different locations on the F and G night fighters.  My photos of 339th Twin Mustangs show them to be located lower and more forward than the earlier model's location up near the windscreen.  As per usual, check photos.

F82photo5editweb1.jpg

In this instance, Modelsvit's decal placement guide shows it in the lower position as I am seeing in my photos.

54-FA6286-8-EAB-4-EF5-8-B95-D58-D723-A33

My only guess for the differing locations is that maybe the exhaust trail was messing with the stencil and obliterating it on the black night fighters. 

Rick L.

• 1 month later...
22 hours ago, jonbryon said:

I notice that 'Our Lil' Lass' didn't make it onto the instruction sheet, but the decals are included. Any chance of a pdf update to the instructions?

Thanks

Jon

Not sure how this happened - but I will create a PDF and add it in an errata section on the product page. Thanks for pointing it out.

Edited by KursadA