CD48146 - 1/48 F-82 Twin Mustang

On 6/22/2018 at 9:08 PM, KursadA said:

Folks, I heard you and I will go ahead and release an F-82 sheet in the next few months. I already assigned a product number and added it to the site. I will share more details as I make progress.

YES!!  You rock Kursad.

What a neglected subject. Model manufacturers wet their pants for paper projects from the axis countries or even for the one or two examples of some obscure test aircraft, but a F-82? It's a shame. I hope someone in the industry sees the enthusiasm in the post and a dedicated decal maker willing to help out.

I'd certainly be down for a set of markings for Lt. "Skeeter" Hudson's F-82G FQ-357 which scored the first aerial kill of the Korean war.  Even if the Modelcraft kit is functionally unbuildable.  Hopefully someday somebody will make a better one.

Cool! I hope at least one "G" is on there. Wasn't it a F-82G that had the first kill of the Korean War?

I've had the kit on my stash a while, gathered an aftermarket RADAR pod somewhere, and have a set of Skyraider wheels for the mains, looking for proper prop blades (also from a Skyraider or F8F??) and some tanks from a Monogram P-61. Also have some interior Eduard stuff and Squadron canopies...eyy yup, looks like decals is about all I'd be lacking 🙂

2 hours ago, 82Whitey51 said:

Cool! I hope at least one "G" is on there. Wasn't it a F-82G that had the first kill of the Korean War?

I've had the kit on my stash a while, gathered an aftermarket RADAR pod somewhere, and have a set of Skyraider wheels for the mains, looking for proper prop blades (also from a Skyraider or F8F??) and some tanks from a Monogram P-61. Also have some interior Eduard stuff and Squadron canopies...eyy yup, looks like decals is about all I'd be lacking 🙂

Lone Star Models sells a set of prop blades for the F-82.   Just ordered a set last week when this talk started and Kursad said he was going to produce the decals.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
13 hours ago, HomeBe said:

In the Facebook comments about the future N.A. P-51H Mustang kit (Link), Modelsvit team has also announced that a new tool 1/48th North American F-82G Twin Mustang is also in the pipe line.

Source: https://www.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=2231688117100227&id=1854784001457309

imageproxy.jpg

We'll most probably also need ANG birds decals for the new Modelsvit 1/48th P-51H kit. 

V. P.

I am concerned it would be of questionable quality and rather "raw" when compared to a larger manufacturer.

Modelsvit seems to be well-liked in the few posts in which their name appears.  Can these future kits be any worse than the Modelcraft F-82 or any more difficult to build than the Classic Airframes P-51H?  Like the AMK Tomcat, my opinions are withheld until the kits are in my wrinkled paws.

Edited by Slartibartfast
31 minutes ago, Slartibartfast said:

Modelsvit seems to be well-liked in the few posts in which their name appears.  Can these future kits be any worse than the Modelcraft F-82 or any more difficult to build than the Classic Airframes P-51H?  Like the AMK Tomcat, my opinions are withheld until the kits are in my wrinkled paws.

Good point. I'll wait for the reviews.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/22/2018 at 11:08 PM, KursadA said:

Folks, I heard you and I will go ahead and release an F-82 sheet in the next few months. I already assigned a product number and added it to the site. I will share more details as I make progress.

I'm late to this party, but that is great news. You rock KursadA!

• 1 month later...

Hey Kursad,

Just wondering if there has been any progress on this sheet. I'd like to order a few sheets and if this will be out soonish I will order them all together to save shipping....really looking forward to this one!

Sean

• 4 months later...
1 hour ago, Corey said:

Boy, I can’t wait for the new Modelsvit kit to put Caracal decals on.  Hopefully it will be a much better kit than the Minicraft one!

corey

Any kit would be an improvement over the Modelcraft kit.  Unfortunately I have 4 in the stash along with all the aftermarket I could find.  This before I heard Modelsvit was doing a kit.  Just waiting on Kursad to do up his amazing decals.

On 5/22/2019 at 9:55 PM, Drifterdon said:

Any kit would be an improvement over the Modelcraft kit.  Unfortunately I have 4 in the stash along with all the aftermarket I could find.  This before I heard Modelsvit was doing a kit.  Just waiting on Kursad to do up his amazing decals.

Sell them on eBay! I dropped a F-82G a couple weeks back for a surprising sum. 🤓👍

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 8 months later...
  • KursadA changed the title to CD48146 - 1/48 F-82 Twin Mustang