Has anyone here heard of or dealt with an outfit called kitlinx.com ?

I ask because I just received an unsolicited email claiming I have done business with them in the past and asking me to confirm my request to join their mailing list.

I've never heard of them, and certainly never done business with them - unless they used to go by a different name, which was not stated in the email.

The bigger question: who sold their mailing list to kitlinx?  Or maybe, who did they steal it from?

I know nothing of them but played in Google out of curiosity. Found this, https://www.kitlinx.com/about.htm

Maybe some clues and connections in there?

Loic was an Engineer working for a large mining corporation when he created GreatModels.com in 1997, ... GreatModels and Douglas Model Distributors were sold to SprueBrothers in April of 2012. ... Loic spent his "retirement time" into developing several companies, including ___ with large scale static and radio-controlled armored vehicles. ... After a 5-year hiatus from the Plastic Modeling industry, Loic decided to come back to "his first Love". But re-inventing oneself should be a life-long process. The catalyst of this move was the acquisition of Pacific Coast Model Distributors  in October 2017.

I got one those too. I suspect I'm on their list due to purchases from Pacific Front Hobbies.

I checked out their website, but ended up ignoring the email.

Thanks, I probably did deal with greatmodels some time in the past. 

The email though had all the tells for a phishing scam... unsolicited, assurance of privacy, “click here”.......

I got the same email.  Googled the website, never use a direct link in what appears to be a phishing email.  Prices seemed to be in line with everyone else, but they wanted me to pay a fee to join the club.  No thanks.