Dream Injection Kit(s)

On 6/22/2018 at 12:26 PM, niart17 said:

1/32 T-38! How can this kit never have been done?

Collect-Aire did it in resin.   If I build it...I may await the F-5F from (is it KH or Hobby Loss?) for canopies.  But then, if they do an F-5F, their T-38 in one-thirty-tooth will probably not be far behind.  Ya pays yer money and ya takes yer chances...

1/48 MH-47

1/48 HH-3 Jolly Green Giant/Pelican

1/35 AH-64 Family

1/35 SH-60 Family

1/32 EA-6B

1/32 S-3

1/200 USS Post rebuild Tennessee/California/West Virginia

1/200 USS Massachusetts/South Dakota

1/200 USCG Wind Class Cutters as built

New Tool

1/48 SR-71

1/72 P2V

1/72 EC-121

1/72 AC-130U

1/48 UH-1N

Edited by zerosystem

Here's my list!

1/72

F4U-4 & 4b - These versions of the Corsair are snake-bit for whatever reason...
F-86A - Should be a no-brainer, but apparently the F-86F was the only version flown in Korea (sarcasm).
AMX A-1A - Hobby Boss maybe? They did one in 1/48.
A-29 Super Tucano  - Again, Hobby Boss could scale theirs down.
Mirage 2000 New tool - Heller's is nice but not up to modern standards.  Italeri's size is off.
Atlas Cheetah C - AMK's Kfir is fantastic, maybe they can follow it up with the Cheetah?
1/144

B-32 - Anigrand should not be the only game in town.

P2V-7 - I think Aeroclub made one years ago.  They're almost impossible to find. 

P-8 Poseidon - There's some conversions out there but I'd prefer to just have a kit.

Edited by Milo

Short list:

1/35 UH-1D/H Huey

1/35 AH-1G Cobra

1/35 CH-46

1/32 Fokker Dr.1 Triplane

All done by an outfit like Wingnut Wings or Tamiya, not one of the lower quality companies currently churning out kits.  

On 6/21/2018 at 10:27 AM, Jonathan S said:

My dream list of kits has been reduced greatly lately, such as 1/48 Su-22, Su-33 and Su-34.  But I still have some I'd like to see...

Injection molded 1/32 EA-6B

Injection molded 1/48:
P-3 Orion
X-15
X-29
Tu-22M3 Backfire (not the Tu-22 Blinder)

New tool revisit in 1/48:
B-17

F-16 (more blocks from Tamiya would be best)

Ships:  USS Midway (any era) 1/350

There's more I'd like to see, but think the list above would be better sellers.  What kits do you want to see?

Ships:  USS Midway (any era) 1/350.........including the much loved and missed CV-43 (Coral ****)

I have to agree about a new 1/48 B-17.

I would throw in a new tool B-24, B-25, B-26 and B-29/B-50. Also 1/48 Neptune, SR-71. A new tool Helldiver would be nice, along with a new TBM. The AM molds won't last forever! 

On 6/21/2018 at 1:06 PM, Kurt H. said:

The only kit I would like to see which is reasonable would be a new tool 1/48 Blackbird family.

I believe Hypersonic Models is in work on designing a new 1/48 SR-71 series , injection molded.

I'd have to second the 1/48 P-3 Orion of the original post as well.  🙂

On 6/21/2018 at 3:34 PM, Geoff M said:

I'll second the X-15 and any other X craft, Navy, NASA, USAF.

Yes, the old Special Hobby X-15 kit in 1/48  is a BEAR. Such a subject deserves proper coverage. 

Edited by habu2
scale
6 hours ago, Slartibartfast said:

The OLD Special Hobby kit?  It's only like ten years old.  No comment on ease of build.

scalemates.com says the initial release was in 2000, so it’s closer to 20 years old. 

I hate to be a wet blanket, but many of these suggestions for a particular aircraft sub-type have already been done in vacuform or resin (to a more or less accurate degree).  Many of these are still available, but some are long OOP.  I understand modelers' angst at working with different media and the additional cost, particularly if it is not that well molded, but where is the adventure and skill development in this hobby if all we collectively can build is shake & bake kits?  I have the book "Scratch Built! A Celebration of the Static Scale Airplane Modeller's Craft" about the modelling techniques of legendaries: John Alcorn, George Lee and Peter Cooke.  Now that is modeling! 

Besides, with 3-D printing coming of age, I foresee a whole slew of conversions for currently available and reasonably accurate kits.  For example: all the early sub-types for the P2V Neptune in 1/72 could fairly easily be drawn and 3-D printed for a reasonable price.  The Hasegawa kit offers a very good starting basis with plenty of PE & decal markings available.   

So I would focus on subjects that have seen little (if inaccurate or unavailable) or no coverage.  Such as:

Sikorsky S-62 / HH-52A Seaguard in 1/72 & 1/48 scale.  (Yes, I know Unicraft (UK) released one, but I have heard zilch about it.)

My $.02!

R/
Dutch

Edited by Dutch
12 hours ago, habu2 said:

scalemates.com says the initial release was in 2000, so it’s closer to 20 years old. 

Wow! Time flies. It doesn't seem that long.

Dutch, don't be a party pooper.  Eat, drink and build injected-styrene models!

@Slartibartfast: 

No indeed!  I truly believe we are on the cusp of a plastic modelling revolution with 3-D printing!  If you could 3-D print all the different pieces for a particular subject (aircraft, ship, armor, vehicle, building, what have you!) based on the best readily available and reasonably cheap kit, then I think we could cover the most ground.  With the initial cost of tooling a new kit so high these days, I would reserve that for currently "un-kitted" injection molded types.  Let's get a decent or very good subject injection kitted, then we can 3-D print all the possible variations.  HTH clarify my position.

And yes, I plan on spending my first year in retirement doing nothing but eating, drinking, sleeping and building injected-styrene models (with a little resin & vacuform kits thrown in for variety)!

R/

Dutch

several for me and in various scales:

* A 1/35th scale Nasty Boat. 

* Hasegawa to do a 1/32 scale A4c Skyhawk

* Revell to do a new 1/48th scale Hudson

* Revell to do a 1/32 scale BF109g14 and maybe a BF109g14as

* Hasegawa do a the A6m3 and A6m2 Zero in 1/32 scale

* A 1/32 scale A37b!!

* Kittyhawk to finally come out with a 1/35th scale Huey!!!!!

* Revell to do the ME262a1 in 1/32 scale

* Revell please re-issue the HE162 in 1/32

* Somebody (Hobby Boss?) do a new tool M46 tank

* Tamiya to do a B26K in 1/48th scale

* Tamiya to do a B26 Marauder in 1/48th

* Tamiya to do the A20 series in 1/48th

* AMK, please do the F100d in 1/48th

* Takom, please think about doing the M551 Sheridan in 1/35th

*  Takom please do a new M26 tank!!

gary

On ‎6‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 11:10 AM, Wizard_rkt said:

Ships:  USS Midway (any era) 1/350.........including the much loved and missed CV-43 (Coral ****)

Totally agree with this one.

Add to that any of the K Class DKM cruisers from WW II (Karlsruhe, Konigsberg, Koln) in 1/350

1/350 DKM Emden cruiser 

1/350 DKM Leipzig or Nurnberg cruisers

for aircraft, would love to see Airfix release the DHC-1 Chipmunk in 1/48 scale.

HH-43 Kaman in 1/48

AH-1G in 1/48

Edited by Drifterdon
5 hours ago, kaz said:

I want Tamiya to do a modern/late cold war Russian fighter in 1/72 or 1/48.

Sure the market is saturated but I just want to see that Tamiya magic at work.

have you took a good look at the Eduard Mig21 series? Just about as good as it gets. Hobby Boss and AMK do very nice Mig31's, and I can recommend the AMK L29. Actually the Zvezda kits in 1/72 scale are nice. The GWH kits look very, very nice!  AMK said the have a Mig 25 in the works awhile back.

gary

51 minutes ago, ChesshireCat said:

have you took a good look at the Eduard Mig21 series? Just about as good as it gets. Hobby Boss and AMK do very nice Mig31's, and I can recommend the AMK L29. Actually the Zvezda kits in 1/72 scale are nice. The GWH kits look very, very nice!  AMK said the have a Mig 25 in the works awhile back.

gary

ICM Mig-25 series.....