Dream Injection Kit(s)

6 hours ago, Dmanton300 said:

I'd like to see someone like Special Hobby do an AH-56 Cheyenne in 72nd or 48th. 

Especially since the Army is looking into a all new-fully modernized copy of it...

On 6/23/2018 at 8:12 PM, VADM Fangschleister said:

Collect-Aire did it in resin.   If I build it...I may await the F-5F from (is it KH or Hobby Loss?) for canopies.  But then, if they do an F-5F, their T-38 in one-thirty-tooth will probably not be far behind.  Ya pays yer money and ya takes yer chances...

I understand, but the topic was injection kits. I'm not opposed to doing resin or vac per-se, I just think for such a well used and liked aircraft like the T-38, that even flew in a demo team and still being used, it's hard to believe a good plastic kit hasn't been done of it in 1/32, and not really even that well done in 1/48 scale. It may be an odd time period for a new release of one though since it's not really in any kind of lime light currently and not really old enough to be nostalgic. Just kind of in limbo timeframe wise. But I would LOVE to see it done well. 

This is going to seem strange to read, but, all of the 1/72 scale kits that I have wanted are available, some of them are available as Old tooling, and as New tooling.

I have to do some conversions here and there, but, adding a resin or vac nose and small parts to an existing kit adds to the uniqueness of my collection.

Heck, I am even happy with what the decal companies have provided so far,,,,,,from now on, anytime they release a new decal scheme, they make one of my more odd-ball models become mainstream, again, killing off the uniqueness. (I'm sort of scared what Carcal's new 1/72 Fury sheets will include, I hope that they don't do two schemes that I will be building)

I dream of Trumpeter some day finally releasing that 1/72 A-6 they've been teasing with, for the last 3 or 4 years. 

I'd also love it if Arma could upscale their P.7 and P.11 kits to 1/48.

A new tool 1/35 scale 7TP would be great (C'mon Hobbyboss! You've made so many variants of the T-26 series. Get on the trolley!)

On 7/9/2018 at 12:14 PM, niart17 said:

I understand, but the topic was injection kits. I'm not opposed to doing resin or vac per-se, I just think for such a well used and liked aircraft like the T-38, that even flew in a demo team and still being used, it's hard to believe a good plastic kit hasn't been done of it in 1/32, and not really even that well done in 1/48 scale. It may be an odd time period for a new release of one though since it's not really in any kind of lime light currently and not really old enough to be nostalgic. Just kind of in limbo timeframe wise. But I would LOVE to see it done well. 

Me too.  I've heard all the arguments about it not being kitted, or even well-kitted in 1/48 but it would be nice to see several new planes done in 1/32.  Maybe the makers of the new F-5 kit will actually throw caution to the wind and blast out an awesome "kit of the year" quality Talon in large scale.  So many pilots were trained in them, I would have thought by now it would've been produced a few times over. 

Perhaps it's that "marketing" thing where the gurus in the pennies department think that it would be better to do yet another P-5109Fire instead of taking a chance on something that the molds will cost enough where they need to sell over 100 copies to recoup that.   But being as there are so many different color schemes from which to choose, I again think that it should've been kitted long ago.   When Trumpeter popped its big A-10, I don't think it sold as many as they had hoped, in spite of it being somewhat "revolutionary".  Its nose shape issues didn't help but are fixable. 

I'm still waiting for SOMEone to do a 106.  Niche and few color schemes seem to make it not all that marketable.   One air force....no real variation on color schemes...though I did see a WIF in USN colors with a tailhook and folded wingtips in 1/48.  Navy gray with white control surfaces, etc.  Pretty cool.

Someday there might be a plastic T-38.  Not any time soon though...I suppose. 

• 1 month later...
28 minutes ago, Slartibartfast said:

I think dnl42 meant a Grumman F11F Tiger.

Indeed I did.

The only 1/48 IP kit we have is Lindberg's F11F prototype, contemporaneously called an F9F-9. It also lacks a cockpit.

47 minutes ago, dnl42 said:

Indeed I did.

The only 1/48 IP kit we have is Lindberg's F11F prototype, contemporaneously called an F9F-9. It also lacks a cockpit.

There was the multimedia (mostly IM) Fonderie Miniature kit from  the early 2000s. Probably unobtainium at this point.

My wish list has been shrinking, for various reasons.

1/48 Falcon 20

1/48 T-37

1/48 F11F

And, since I've lately become bored with airplanes:

1/24 Lamborghini Huracan GT3 

1/24 Acura NSX GT3

1/24 Ferrari 488 GT3