To scribe or not to scribe? Expansion joints that is.

I’ve built the the base to pose my LVM Studios Soyuz TMA LUT and Good Smile rail carrier.  I’m going to start painting it tomorrow.  LVM provides a CD with instructions and lots of reference photos.  No two LUTs appear to be identical, so mine will be an amalgam of several.  

One question I have is if I should scribe the expansion joints into the styrene base (made from a large Home Depot “No Parking” sign). Will they look stupid in 1/144, or should I go about adding them?  Secondly, can any engineers in the forum suggest some dimensions of the slabs?  Based on photos  I’ll be able to section the base up enough where it all doesn’t look like one shade of concrete. 

(I’m hoping that my photobucket Links below work.)

Thanks,

Chris

223B0D7D-B26B-4DC1-8951-27B1F1C497AB_zps

AB003420-DA79-482E-9D79-8F184CE2854C_zps

Beautiful build!  I would second habu2 - and would definately add them - you've got all that wonderful detail in the tower and rail line - adding the expansion joints will create nice detail on the base in an area that is large and solid otherwise.  If you don't like graphite - could always lightly scribe with an xacto.

best - ret