1/48 - Kaman Huskie family by AMP - HUK-1/HOK-1 released - HH-43 first renders

It's great to see this type being kitted, even if it isn't in 1/72 scale! It'd be great to see a monograph published too on the HOK/HUK. The Huskie has stolen all the limelight when it comes to this family of helicopters.

Mikromir also have plans for a Bristol Sycamore and a BRANTLY B-2 (both 1/48)! I never thought I'd see a B-2 in any scale. Hopefully they will follow up with a few other lesser-know types like a Hiller H-23, Hughes 300 and something from Enstrom.

LD. 

Brantley B-2 😬 Cut my Piston engined rotary teeth on the B-2, tack and balance that sucker.

If we're putting 'wants' down, how about a 1/48 K-Max or Agusta AW119😉

Returning to my padded cell right now.

• 2 weeks later...

Hope they go with the more familiar jet-powered HH-43B/F "Pedro" in USAF base-crash-rescue service (and then scale it down to 1/72). The Mach 2 kit is awful.

Edited by Paul Boyer

Yes, a 1/72 kit would be nice and if you think the Mach II kit is bad, have a look at the 1/72 Kaman HOK kit from Merlin Models. Quite possibly THE worst 1/72 kit ever! These newer kits from Mikr Mir are very welcome.

LD.

• 5 months later...
On 7/8/2018 at 9:03 PM, Paul Boyer said:

Hope they go with the more familiar jet-powered HH-43B/F "Pedro" in USAF base-crash-rescue service (and then scale it down to 1/72). The Mach 2 kit is awful.

Yep, gotta agree with you there. 

I saw this on Facebook and asked them about an HH-43B/F and they said maybe later in the year. 

scan0213.jpg

My favorite helicopter, the H-43 Pedro, Officially known as the Huskie.  But nobody called it that, which was common for most aircraft.  There was usually a name that stuck instead of the company name.

A good 1/48th kit would be nice to see, along with a detail set or two.  

I did several missions in that thing.  It was dangerous on the ground with the engine running and blades turning, but somewhat better in the air.

Released - ref.48013 - Kaman HOK-1/HUK-1 Huskie

Seen at the Euro Scale Modelling 2019 in the Netherlands

Time now for the next and most interesting variants of the type, the turboshaft HH-43 models.

See also here: https://modelsua.com/kaman-hok-1-huk-1-helicopter-1-48-amp48013.html

20191123-104532-resized.jpg

IMG-0666.jpg

V.P.

Edited by HomeBe
  • HomeBe changed the title to 1/48 - Kaman Huskie family by AMP - HUK-1/HOK-1 released - HH-43 first renders