CD144014 - 1/144 C-124 Globemaster

This is awesome news!  OK & TN ANG (and really any ANG options) would be great, thanks Kursad.

Guess I'd better quit screwing around and get mine ready for paint!

-Derek

77MBeoS.jpg

Edited by viking73
  • 9 months later...
On ‎6‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 10:33 AM, KursadA said:

I wonder if the white top scheme was applied at the museum, though - was this scheme used during the Old Shakey's service?

I received the Roden kit yesterday and really liked it. I will be doing a sheet for the C-133 when it appears, too. 

The C-133 is on sale at Sprue Brothers. 

Any update on the C-124 sheet?   I know your busting your hump on getting the B-52 and SR-71 decals finished but was just curious.    (Along with 1/48 F-82, F-94A/B, and any of your other Braille Scale decals......)

Edited by Drifterdon
  • 1 month later...

In addition to later ANG and MAC markings, the C-124 sheet will also have some of the more colorful markings applied to the "Old Shakey" during the 1950's - such as the 53rd Troop Carrier Squadron option here.

c124promo1.jpg

On ‎6‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 3:41 PM, KursadA said:

But what I am really interested are the earlier, more colorful markings as seen on 1st, 2nd and 3rd (see below) Strategic Support Squadrons during the early 1950s,  at least one SAC example; and some Troop Carrier squadrons. 7th, 52nd, 53rd, 54th and 14th TCS each seem to have very nice, unique markings. I have been researching the subject for the last couple of weeks and found enough research material for some of them. We'll see which ones I can include.

8446511312_87ba7fa67c_c.jpg

Hi,

Personally, I would be most interested in the early ones with the stylised markings below the cockpit.

Is the one above going to make it onto the sheet?

Cheers, Stefan.

20 hours ago, Stefan buysse said:

Personally, I would be most interested in the early ones with the stylised markings below the cockpit.

Is the one above going to make it onto the sheet?

Yes, the 3rd Strategic Support Squadron ("Globesters") is one of the options on the sheet as well.

14 hours ago, KursadA said:

Yes, the 3rd Strategic Support Squadron ("Globesters") is one of the options on the sheet as well.

Cool!

I realise space on the sheets is at premium, but have you considered adding black  dots for the fuselage windows?

Maybe it is a bit ridiculous, but I like decals for these. When I looked at what I could use for fuselage windows for the C-97's, all I found were the ones on Caracal's Constellation sheet.

If you did s sheet with just 1/144 scale windows, I'd want at least one.

Cheers, Stefan.  

I’d love to see Decals for a 62nd TCW C-124 from Larson,

One of the first major Airlift operations using Globemasters was Operation “ Bali Hai ” in 1954, 62nd TCW C-124s flew in from all over the place to Orly to Airlifted French Toops to DaNang they landed Dien Ben Phu fell,  I have a few of my Pops old slides but they're a bit too big to post here,

Cheers,

Jaime

It would be nice to have a blank yellow aircraft number panel and a couple of 0-9 number sets so we could build individual aircraft numbers?   I know, I'm only thinking of myself...

Wanting to build this one in the USAF Museum that my Dad spent MANY hours aboard logging in time as a Loadmaster.

https://www.nationalmuseum.af.mil/Visit/Museum-Exhibits/Fact-Sheets/Display/Article/196101/douglas-c-124-globemaster-ii/

I'm in for probably 3-4 sets of this one alone!

Edited by Scott Smith

Awesome!   One of those looks like the bird from Strategic Air Command when they load up and move the entire wing to Yokota.  Like Scott, I'm easily in for 3 sheets.  Another grand slam home run Kursad.

You wouldn't have the time and room to add a white CONTINENTAL for the blue/yellow tail band of this bird would you?  Looks like you have the other marking included that we could piece together.   https://antarctica.recollect.co.nz/nodes/view/30541

Edited by Drifterdon
27 minutes ago, Drifterdon said:

Awesome!   One of those looks like the bird from Strategic Air Command when they load up and move the entire wing to Yokota.  Like Scott, I'm easily in for 3 sheets.  Another grand slam home run Kursad.

You wouldn't have the time and room to add a white CONTINENTAL for the blue/yellow tail band of this bird would you?  Looks like you have the other marking included that we could piece together.   https://antarctica.recollect.co.nz/nodes/view/30541

I hate to turn a request down, but I think I will have to freeze the design here - I have a bunch of designs to wrap up before I leave for vacation.

I think adding any of the earlier MATS schemes like this will require the larger MATS markings for the wings; and things are already tight as it is. I may revisit this after I finish the C-119 design in the next few days. 

Maybe a generic sheet (separate from C-124) with early USAF markings to cover many different aircraft and scales?   I have one from another mfgr from years ago.  Comes in handy!  But no tail bands on mine.  

Edited by Scott Smith