CD144014 - 1/144 C-124 Globemaster

5 hours ago, viking73 said:

When is this sheet going to be available?! 🙂

This will be one of the August releases, to be released after I come back from my vacation in London.

19 hours ago, Drifterdon said:

Awesome!   One of those looks like the bird from Strategic Air Command when they load up and move the entire wing to Yokota. 

I was sure one of you guys would catch that - the aircraft on the sheet is indeed 49-247; one of the C-124 featured in the "moving the wing" scene in the movie. It was probably the only reliable color reference for the 3rd SSS scheme.

References from this period were hard to come by - I was able to design the 1st SSS badge thanks to the help of a photo of a rare unit badge from the period.

2 hours ago, KursadA said:

I was sure one of you guys would catch that - the aircraft on the sheet is indeed 49-247; one of the C-124 featured in the "moving the wing" scene in the movie. It was probably the only reliable color reference for the 3rd SSS scheme.

References from this period were hard to come by - I was able to design the 1st SSS badge thanks to the help of a photo of a rare unit badge from the period.

And will be the first one I build!   Great sheet sir.

8 hours ago, KursadA said:

This will be one of the August releases, to be released after I come back from my vacation in London.

Gonna hit any of the U.K. aviation museums while there?

If so, I highly recommend the RAF Museum in Hendon... It's a short "tube" ride from London proper, then a short stroll from the station.  The museum is free, and Hannants hobby shop is about two blocks up the road from there. Allow most of a full day... there's a lot to see..!

At the very least I will try to visit the IWM. As for others, I am not sure how it will work out - I might try to dump the wife and kids  encourage my family to spend time at a place like Harrod's and go to Hendon.

3 hours ago, KursadA said:

Added the image of the black serials/walkways etc. sheet.

Cool, love the windows.

I've just returned from Duxford myself, I went to see the Dakotas take off to Normandy.

I love going there, even if there is no airshow on. I find the American Air Museum inside Duxford quite interesting. Not as much for taking pictures of the aircraft as they are so close together, but it is great to get so close to aircraft like an F-111E, A B-52D, an SR-71...

You can walk around, get to appreciate how big a B-52D tip tank is next to yourself, etc.

Cheers, Stefan.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

My decals arrived a few days ago Kursad and they look super as usual.  Thank you.

I have one almost done.  I'm just getting the nacelle to wing seams smoothed out and the landing gear doors closed up (this will also be in-flight like my recent KC-97 build).  It's stalled a bit like my Roden C-133 build 😞

That being said, I plan on doing a TN or OK ANG scheme.  Hopefully your new decals will create the spark I need to get this one to the paint shop!!

-Derek

77MBeoS.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Got mine a couple weeks ago. Love it! Gonna have to get another kit. Is there any chance you would ever do just the stencil sheets for sale?

Sorry, no - the set was not designed to have a separate stencilling/common markings sheet, and both sheets have markings that are needed for each option.

• 3 years later...