Hypersonic Models SR-71 kit

If this has already been reported then my bad, but I just found out that Hypersonic Models is working on a 1/48 scale injection molded SR-71 kit. There are CAD pics on his Facebook page. He is also putting his shop together in Japan and states he'll be able to do "physical" work soon. But, a new SR-71 kit in 1/48!  Will have multiple nose versions. No A-12 kit though. He states there are too many differences between an A-12 and SR-71, and it would have to be a separate kit, which would be a financially unsound proposition.

There have been many times when I was tempted to get a Testors SR-71. No more. :clap2:

23 minutes ago, Siamese11 said:

This is great news.  I hope it comes with detailed landing gear and tires along with detailed exhaust and nose shock cone areas.  Would be great if it comes with a detailed cockpit also. 

It will be nice if it just comes! We've had promises from other companies, but it looks like they were unable to deliver.

Yeah I stopped holding my breath for the one announced by Tan Models a while back. 

I have managed to collect a few of the Testors kits over the years, both SR-71 and YF-12.  Never built one though. 

I think they have nailed the shape of the ASARS II nose quite well. I was also thinking that, if you buy this kit, and you happened to have the Italeri kit - still unbuilt, that is - you could end up using the many noses the Hypersonic Models kit will come with, to correct the awful one which comes with the Italeri kit. So don't sell your Metallic Deatils bits for it yet! :action-smiley-081: