Question: Large Bottle Tamiya Acrylics?

All,

I have yet to add to my stash of paints all of the new colors that Tamiya introduced to their acrylic.  So where do you folks order your large bottle Tamiya acrylic paints?  I know that Squadron has the small and large bottles but their shipping is so high that I want to just make one order and get all of the new ones along with some re-stocks of what I have used up.  But it is a crap shoot when it comes to what Squadron has in-stock at any given time.  They either don't have the color at all or they only have it in the smaller bottle.  Thanks for the information!

Best Regards,

Ken Bailey

(SonyKen)

If by "new" colors you are asking about colors after XF71, I believe they only come in the small 10 ml bottles, at least I have not been able to find any listing of them in the 23 ml bottles.

And yes Scale Hobbyist is a great place.

Regards

Jim Barr

Edited by Jim Barr

Jim,

I am referring to the "new" ones that have been out for some time.  I am looking for XF-28 (Dark Copper) and anything above XF-66.  40 ml?  Wow!  I never knew that Tamiya had the acrylics in larger bottles than 10 ml (small bottle) and 23 ml (large bottle).  But if Tamiya has 40 ml bottles of their VF series, then let me know and I will be buying them in the future.  Thanks!

Best Regards,

Ken Bailey

(SonyKen)

Ken, here is the link to the Tamiya line at Scale Hobbyist.  It looks like they have XF-28 and XF-66-71 available in the 23 ml bottles.  It appears anything beyond that is only available from Tamiya in the 10 ml bottles.

https://www.scalehobbyist.com/manufacturers/Tamiya_Models_and_Paints/Paints/browse.php?s=3&t=1&pg=2&ppp=48&sb=stocknumber&so=a&e=0&v=5&man=tam

Edited by JesusNut

Yes, sir, I already have all of the colors mentioned in my cart.  Since shipping is going to be almost $9.00, I wasn't going to pull the trigger on the order until all were in stock and ready to ship.  Last week XF-68 NATO Brown was shown in the cart as backordered and this week XF-67 NATO Green is shown as backordered.  This tends to make me believe that the fact that Squadron is sometimes in-stock on some items and out of stock on others may not be Squadron's fault.  I will wait.  Thanks Again!

Best Regards,

Ken Bailey

(SonyKen)

You are welcome.  And my apologies.  I failed to look to see when you had posted and replied without that crucial info.  And I agree that shipping sure seems to be a game-changer.  I am not sure what your neck of the woods looks like, but my LHS's offer the Tamiya line, but only in 10 ml bottles for $2.50 per bottle.  The drawback is I need to order several bottles to enjoy the savings.