CD144015 - 1/144 B-36 Peacemaker

CD144015 will be a 1/144 scale sheet for the B-36 Peacemaker, intended for the Hobbycraft kit. We already have been talking about it in the Props forum here.  

Coming sometime before the end of the year.

Edited by KursadA
26 minutes ago, Gator52 said:

I’m in....I think Kursad is producing more sheets for 1/144 heavies than all other aftermarket manufacturers combined over the years!

Jonah

I think you are correct Jonah!  And awesome subjects at that.

5 hours ago, dnl42 said:

I'm definitely in for one! :nanner:

Will you include decals for the RF-84F and XF-85?

Hmm- that would be nice. I only have the non-FICON version of the Hobbycraft kit though, kindly loaned by Dutch.

Maybe someone with the FICON version of the kit can send me a scan or even a good smartphone photo of the decal sheet that comes with it? All I really need is the exact geometry of the black wing root area of the 1/144 RF-84 included in the kit, everything else can be done without access to the kits.

If anyone wishes to help, you can just place a ruler alongside the edge of the decal sheet,  take a photo with your smartphone straight overhead  and e-mail it to "info@caracalmodels.com". I will do the rest.

Edited by KursadA

I'd love to send that to you, but I'm about 1k miles from home on a 5 wk tour of several western NPs. I'll check again when I return in August. 

I have what I need, folks! Fred has kindly helped me out and sent me photos that will help me design the RF-84 and parasite fighter decals. We will see if I can do some stencils. Thanks a lot! I will start working on this full speed after I finish the C-97 this coming weekend.

I was getting some captures from Strategic Air Command to make decals for the movie bird, and... Is that really an eye on the jet pod? Looks kind of weird - would be barely perceptible on the 1/144 sheet but should look interesting in 1/72.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ps9d739387yr5qn/B36eye.png?dl=0

Edited by KursadA
  • 3 weeks later...

Kursad,

Did you get the info you need for the RF-84F and XF-85? I'm home now, and will promptly send you anything you need.

THANK YOU!!!!!

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi guys, so my local hobby shop has the HC 1/144 RB-36 but not a regular B-36. I know next to nothing about these kits so can I build a B-36 from the RB-36 kit? I would like to use Kursad's decals when he releases them.

Just noticed that I have not posted an update here recently - this sheet is getting close to completion; right behind the C-97 sheet that is being printed now and the KC-10 sheet that will be printed on time for a February release. So we should see the B-36 sheet become available sometime in March/April.

As promised, I have added NB-36 markings to the sheet so some of the bolder people among us can get the 3D-printed parts and build the "nuclear" prototype.