CD144015 - 1/144 B-36 Peacemaker

2 hours ago, KursadA said:

Just noticed that I have not posted an update here recently - this sheet is getting close to completion; right behind the C-97 sheet that is being printed now and the KC-10 sheet that will be printed on time for a February release. So we should see the B-36 sheet become available sometime in March/April.

As promised, I have added NB-36 markings to the sheet so some of the bolder people among us can get the 3D-printed parts and build the "nuclear" prototype.

Great news Kursad. My store has the Hobby Craft kits on sale so it is buy one and get the second for 50% off. So maybe I should just pick up two of the B-36 kits. Not sure what the NB-36 looks like but I guess I can do the Google thing. 

3 hours ago, Dutch said:

Yes!  You should be able to build it SOOTB, just use Kursad's decals for the bomber markings.

Thanks Dutch. I figured as much but I could not see in the box and the pictures on the side did not really help. Hey do not even have the 1/72nd version so no help there.

• 5 months later...

Great movie... Best flying scenes ever... My dad was a young pilot in SAC at that time flying C-124s with the 1st Strategic Support Squadron... BTW, if you ever make it out to Southern California, the B-47 nose section that was used to film the cockpit scenes is on display at the March Field Museum, adjacent to March ARB...

Edited by bluedot25
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Any news on CD144015?

Still working - I am hoping to make it part of the December batch, so I need to wrap up rather soon. Those 1950s unit badges are kind of tricky. But I am sure you will like the result - several different units, some not done by anyone else. NB-36H markings to go with the parts available on Shapeways. Three-page set similar to the 1/72 B-52 sheets in layout. 

• 6 months later...
On 10/24/2019 at 8:23 PM, Spruemeister said:

A repop of the kit would be a big help.  With a reworked wing would be fantastic.

Rick L.

I'm curious who has the tooling nowadays...I recently traded for a second copy, but I suspect Kursad's decals will drive me to need a couple more kits!

Edited by Gator52
  • 1 month later...

Stefan, That is good news. Hobbycraft kits are hard to find now, so Roden's announcement is welcome news. Of course,  we will have to wait for the actual release so that Kursad can make his proper measurements.  K/r, Dutch 

Edited by Dutch

Wow! Never thought we’d see two B-36 kits in 1/144! Hopefully will be priced less than the C-5 kit.

I’ve  got one each of the Hobbycraft issues ( and they’re already paid for) so I’ll probably pass if they are near the $100 mark. I look forward to seeing them though!

3 minutes ago, AD-4N said:

Spent years trying to find the HC kit at a reasonable, to me, price.  Roden’s kit is good news.

Hopefully it’ll drive down prices of the Hobbycraft kit. I expect this to be priced in the $75-$100 range from Roden.