CD144015 - 1/144 B-36 Peacemaker

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Spruemeister said:

Is this sheet's content locked down now?  In print?

Rick L. 

The main sheet is off to print - there may still be time to add something on the stencilling sheet depending on the colors. Is there anything you want to be added?

8 hours ago, KursadA said:

The main sheet is off to print - there may still be time to add something on the stencilling sheet depending on the colors. Is there anything you want to be added?

Separate subject. Maybe next time. 

Rick L. 

• 4 weeks later...
56 minutes ago, Spruemeister said:

My HC kit is now bumped to a What If that has been rattling around in my brain. 

Rick L.

Do tell - sounds intriguing. 

I am sometimes tempted to start a limited run "parallel brand" for crazy what-if decals : perhaps one or two subjects a year, just as a creative outlet.

In my best Rod Serling voice….

”Image, if you will, the B-36. Retired in ‘59. Regenerated and impressed back into emergency service for Vietnam as a stop gap bomb truck allowing the B-52s to remain on alert back at the Cold War. SAC bomber camo on top, gloss black underside     And sporting two more jet pods in the gaps between  #1 & #2 and #5 & #6. For an outlandish total of 14 engines. The stuff of nightmares. B-52 style wing root pylons are out because of the main gear bays, but smaller ones could angle forward of the gear and add more Mk117s to the chaos. Slow but earnest, and willfully destructive, the B-36K(H) would churn the Ho Chi Min trail into an impassable labyrinth of craters and death.”

Thats when I woke up, so I’m not sure how things ended. 

I’ll need custom nose art for:  Mortem a Vibratione.  (death from vibration)

Rick L. 

Edited by Spruemeister
13 hours ago, Spruemeister said:

In my best Rod Serling voice….

”Image, if you will, the B-36. Retired in ‘59. Regenerated and impressed back into emergency service for Vietnam as a stop gap bomb truck allowing the B-52s to remain on alert back at the Cold War. SAC bomber camo on top, gloss black underside     And sporting two more jet pods in the gaps between  #1 & #2 and #5 & #6. For an outlandish total of 14 engines. The stuff of nightmares. B-52 style wing root pylons are out because of the main gear bays, but smaller ones could angle forward of the gear and add more Mk117s to the chaos. Slow but earnest, and willfully destructive, the B-36K(H) would churn the Ho Chi Min trail into an impassable labyrinth of craters and death.”

Thats when I woke up, so I’m not sure how things ended. 

I’ll need custom nose art for:  Mortem a Vibratione.  (death from vibration)

Rick L. 

That sounds awesome….here’s a similar what if of the B-36 younger sibling the B-60 in SEA camo. 

7E06A48E-DA2C-434A-99F0-51CFD64883EF.jpeg

• 1 month later...

This one is coming in  late November - it was a lot of work, but I think you will be happy with the end result. You are seeing the main color page - there are two other all-black sheets (not shown) with serial numbers, triangle/circle/square unit tail codes, other black markings etc. including a full set of digits so you can build almost any B-36.

20 options, all bomber and reconnaissance wings that have flown the type are represented; including XB-36H markings if you wish to build this one-off version with 3D printed parts available elsewhere.

cd144015.jpg

Edited by KursadA
On 8/28/2021 at 10:05 PM, Spruemeister said:

Separate subject. Maybe next time. 

Rick L. 

As I suspected would happen, you caught the markings I was looking for. The Indian Springs Atomic Test Group. You are a master in many ways. 

Rick L.