CD144015 - 1/144 B-36 Peacemaker

I am glad you liked these - a lot of time and effort went into the design of this sheet, and I hope I was able to design a decal sheet that befits the  importance of this type in our country's aviation history. Sorry about the delay - I just did not want to ship this sheet with an instruction sheet with four upside-down pages and had to wait for the reprint.

Now who is going to build the first one?

Why does “Petty Girl” have the triangle J of the 7th BG, and the unit insignia of the 11th BG?  The single photo I see published shows the right side with no unit insignia. Both the 7th and 11th were at Carswell, so was this an inter unit transfer that wore both markings for a while?  Was it one of the mashups post tornado?

Rick L. 

Edited by Spruemeister
20 hours ago, Spruemeister said:

Why does “Pretty Girl” have the triangle J of the 7th BG, and the unit insignia of the 11th BG?  The single photo I see published shows the right side with no unit insignia. Both the 7th and 11th were at Carswell, so was this an inter unit transfer that wore both markings for a while?  Was it one of the mashups post tornado?

I'm afraid this may be an error on my part - I will check my notes and add a correction note to the reference page.

Hi,

My B-36 sheets arrived safely and they're beautiful.

I had been postponing the purchase of the Roden B-36. Now that Russia invaded Ukraine, I bought a couple before they became even rarer than the Hobbycraft ones.

The Roden B-36B does not include the jet engines and only has the props with rounded tips.

The Roden B-36D/F/H/J has both types of prop and the sprue with the jet engines is in there twice! So, if you have both kits, you could build two B-36's with the jet engines.

I'm not too sure about which type of prop was used at what time.

I know that the the ones with the rounded tips are the earlier ones.

The Roden instructions have you install the rounded ones on the B-36D and the square ones on the B-36F, H and J.

Were the rounded ones ever replaced on airframes that were built with them? 

Among all the sad news coming out of Ukraine was this today: Mr Valeriy Grigorenko was killed near his home on the 4th of March. He was an artist who painted box-art for Roden. I'm not sure if he was the only one painting box-art for Roden, I don't see a signature. 

I liked many of the Roden box-arts, the B-36's are quite nice. I especially like the Northern Lights on the B-36B box-art.

Mr Grigorenko's last work was said to be the box-art for the Roden RC-135. I have only seen it in black and white.

Stefan.😢

Edited by Stefan buysse
Hobbycraft, not Minicraft.
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

The 1/72 version will take some time - the release pipeline is really very crowded in 2024. But I definitely will do it, my goal is to have a dedicated 1/72 sheet for each major US bomber type after B-29.

The 1/144 scale B-36 sheet is about to sell out, by the way: I must have at most 10 copies remaining, and a reprint is not likely for at least a couple years or so.

9 hours ago, KursadA said:

The 1/72 version will take some time - the release pipeline is really very crowded in 2024. But I definitely will do it, my goal is to have a dedicated 1/72 sheet for each major US bomber type after B-29.

Thanks Kursad. Just to let you know that the interest is still there. The Monogram B-36 that I bought almost 40 years ago is still lurking under my bed, lol