Jump to content

CD144015 - 1/144 B-36 Peacemaker


Recommended Posts

  • 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Spruemeister said:

Is this sheet's content locked down now?  In print?

 

Rick L. 


The main sheet is off to print - there may still be time to add something on the stencilling sheet depending on the colors. Is there anything you want to be added?

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, KursadA said:


The main sheet is off to print - there may still be time to add something on the stencilling sheet depending on the colors. Is there anything you want to be added?

Separate subject. Maybe next time. 
 

Rick L. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 4 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, Gator52 said:

 

Same here, and I have a HC RB-36 on standby as well!

 

Chris

 

My HC kit is now bumped to a What If that has been rattling around in my brain. 

 

Rick L.

Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Spruemeister said:

My HC kit is now bumped to a What If that has been rattling around in my brain. 

 

Rick L.

 

Do tell - sounds intriguing. 

 

I am sometimes tempted to start a limited run "parallel brand" for crazy what-if decals : perhaps one or two subjects a year, just as a creative outlet.

Link to post
Share on other sites

In my best Rod Serling voice….

 

”Image, if you will, the B-36. Retired in ‘59. Regenerated and impressed back into emergency service for Vietnam as a stop gap bomb truck allowing the B-52s to remain on alert back at the Cold War. SAC bomber camo on top, gloss black underside     And sporting two more jet pods in the gaps between  #1 & #2 and #5 & #6. For an outlandish total of 14 engines. The stuff of nightmares. B-52 style wing root pylons are out because of the main gear bays, but smaller ones could angle forward of the gear and add more Mk117s to the chaos. Slow but earnest, and willfully destructive, the B-36K(H) would churn the Ho Chi Min trail into an impassable labyrinth of craters and death.”

 

Thats when I woke up, so I’m not sure how things ended. 
 

I’ll need custom nose art for:  Mortem a Vibratione.  (death from vibration)
 

Rick L. 

Edited by Spruemeister
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Spruemeister said:

In my best Rod Serling voice….

 

”Image, if you will, the B-36. Retired in ‘59. Regenerated and impressed back into emergency service for Vietnam as a stop gap bomb truck allowing the B-52s to remain on alert back at the Cold War. SAC bomber camo on top, gloss black underside     And sporting two more jet pods in the gaps between  #1 & #2 and #5 & #6. For an outlandish total of 14 engines. The stuff of nightmares. B-52 style wing root pylons are out because of the main gear bays, but smaller ones could angle forward of the gear and add more Mk117s to the chaos. Slow but earnest, and willfully destructive, the B-36K(H) would churn the Ho Chi Min trail into an impassable labyrinth of craters and death.”

 

Thats when I woke up, so I’m not sure how things ended. 
 

I’ll need custom nose art for:  Mortem a Vibratione.  (death from vibration)
 

Rick L. 

That sounds awesome….here’s a similar what if of the B-36 younger sibling the B-60 in SEA camo. 

7E06A48E-DA2C-434A-99F0-51CFD64883EF.jpeg

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...