L/F - 1/48 Academy F-4C "Vietnam War" Decals

Yeah - I pooched one of the Ejection Seat Triangles from the Scat XXVII decal sheet, just a wee bit overly aggressive after setting solution was applied.  So . . .  Sigh - I'm hoping someone may have this kit and used an aftermarket decal set instead of the kit decals and can bail me at least one of the red ejection seat triangles (if not all four).  These are unique in that they are red with the White Ejection Seat inside the triangle and Danger in black outside the triangle.  Please reply or PM me and I'll be happy to work up an exchange or payment.

Rip VW

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Peter - First of all  - Many thanks for replying to my request.  The short answer is no thanks - I managed a work around.  I was attempting to make the ejection triangle look torn as in one of the photos I have of SCAT XXVII by tearing the decal after application - dumb idea.  I ended up trashing the decal.  After searching through the old spare decals box I came up with a set of overlays that nearly matched the kit decal and went with the complex trim and overlay process; then over-painting the decal with the background color to simulate the torn decal on the original aircraft.  That worked.  The Phantom was just finished this past weekend and here's a close-up photo of the front of the finished kit - you can see the over-painted triangle just under the windscreen.  BTW - this is the ZM kit with the old Fox One Decals and not the Academy kit.  I bought the Academy F-4C kit and I had it just underway when the ZM kit came out - a much nicer kit (not without a few issues here and there).  I photographed 64-0829 at Langley in 1983 when it was the 482nd TFW Flag Ship assigned to the Fighting Macos and well before it was sent to the Air Force Museum.  I also met General Olds in 2006 at the DM Heritage Conference - so this build was kinda' special for me and I'm rather pleased with the results.  Again - Many thanks and Happy Modeling!!

PS - Where in Mass are you? I'm originally from Upstate New York, Graduated from Norwich University in Vermont and now living near Tucson AZ - Multiple times retired. . . .  Been from one end of Massachusetts to the other.1607373507_DG1A8655_T-Resize-DoubleT.jpg.b3d12cf8c21cac6749099ac6540b9d04.jpg