Think I've found me a new flight sim

Most TVs now have computer video inputs. Additionally many video cards have HDMI outputs. This lets you use that large TV screen as a large display for flight sims. 

9 hours ago, SERNAK said:

For flight sims you definitely need a large screen. In my opinion iphones and ipads are not good for games, at least, for this level of games. Plus, you can't use a stick and a throttle, which for flight sims is a totally different experience!!

If I was going to buy a new flight sim, I would definitely invest in buying the best hardware to support it. AND a large screen of course!!!

That's pretty much the same way I feel about it, but not everyone takes the same approach.  I've got a 32" monitor, a Thrustmaster Warthog control set, Saitek Combat Rudder Cables, Thrustmaster MFD panels, and a few other goodies, including the TrackIR head tracking that makes a world of difference for me.  I've been into flight sims since the '80s, and they were actually a motivating factor for me getting into computers, so having the right gear has been a longtime goal of mine.

In case anyone finds it interesting, I used an emulator to compare my first combat flight simulator, F-15 Strike Eagle on the Atari 800, to a current F-15 combat simulator (DCS):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1cvDl-zW5WM