I can’t remember where I heard this but I recall someone telling me that he’s doing custom decals sheets for a certain kit manufacturer instead of for his personal business. It sounds like he lost a lot of money when he put out the BoB CF-18 kit a  couple years back. 

2 hours ago, cf18hornet said:

I can’t remember where I heard this but I recall someone telling me that he’s doing custom decals sheets for a certain kit manufacturer instead of for his personal business. It sounds like he lost a lot of money when he put out the BoB CF-18 kit a  couple years back. 

He posted an update on his Facebook page April 12th with that and more information. Since then he hasn't posted anything. I asked him a few questions via email and he hasn't replied. I also placed an order two weeks ago and haven't received the decals yet. He is still going to produce, just more carefully. He took a hit on his BoB kit release.

I was hoping someone would respond saying they placed an order recently and received it. 

On 6/28/2018 at 8:05 PM, Scooby said:

Has anyone heard from Dave recently or ordered decals from his site?

Thanks

Last time I ordered decals was probably late last year and I did receive the decals.

I honestly had high hopes for Canuck to fill the void for Canadian decals, but with nothing new from them in a couple of years, those hopes have faded.

When I first heard about Canuck I couldn’t believe the amazing variety he was producing. It was a dream come true for this Canadian modeller who tries to build at least one of every aircraft ever used by Canada. And the quality of his decals are unquestionably some of the best I’ve ever used.  Here’s hoping that one day Canuck will start putting out some new releases because there is such a lack of Canadian aftermarket decals these days. 

• 3 weeks later...

Man, that is sad to hear. I really liked his sheets. Do any retailers carry his decals? I was hoping to find his 1/48 CF-104 sheet with the Variegated Camouflage jet on it.

Edited by RCarlson
45 minutes ago, RCarlson said:

Man, that is sad to hear. I really liked his sheets. Do any retailers carry his decals? I was hoping to find his 1/48 CF-104 sheet with the Variegated Camouflage jet on it.

As people have said he still sells from his site, just no new stuff. That sheet is still listed on the site in 1/48 so order from him and try to keep him interested in sales.......

http://www.canuckmodels.com/

32 minutes ago, RCAFFAN said:

As people have said he still sells from his site, just no new stuff. That sheet is still listed on the site in 1/48 so order from him and try to keep him interested in sales.......

http://www.canuckmodels.com/

It's listed, but when I add it to the cart it say's it's out of stock. I'll try emailing David and see if they are gone or it's just the website.

3 hours ago, RCarlson said:

It's listed, but when I add it to the cart it say's it's out of stock. I'll try emailing David and see if they are gone or it's just the website.

I’ve already emailed him on it, the variegated 104s are out of stock. He mailed the last of them to Hannants, who are also out of stock. I also emailed them directly. 

David does plan to release sold out decals, he just doesn’t know when. He has announced some, the variegated 104s are not on that list.

I’ve emailed all over the place looking for those decals, I missed a set by one day at one location. I have also posted want adds. I am after the 1/32 sheet.

Thanks Scooby! I just got the AirDOC Canadian Starfighters book and now I have the itch. I thought I had decals somewhere for the variegated scheme. I’ll have to watch for them and if I see them in 32 I’ll let you know.

Yeah, I emailed David over two years ago when I bought the 1:72 P-3C VP-92/96 sheet and he promised to re-print 009-72 CF-101 Voodoo Special Scheme Markings.  I can wait.

Edited by Dutch
add info
On 7/24/2018 at 4:43 PM, RCarlson said:

PM me .... I did a Natural Metal Starfighter using the Canuck models set and have quite a bit leftover.  I have no plans to do another Starfighter so I’m willing to part with what’s left if they work for you.  I don’t have an account to post pictures anywhere but could email you what I have.  

K

1 hour ago, bikerider said:

PM me .... I did a Natural Metal Starfighter using the Canuck models set and have quite a bit leftover.  I have no plans to do another Starfighter so I’m willing to part with what’s left if they work for you.  I don’t have an account to post pictures anywhere but could email you what I have.  

K

Man, where were you when I was posting requests for full or partial sets in the ARC and Hyperscale want adds? Very generous.

Although I am looking for 1/32 variegated CF-104s. I have a lot of 1/48 CF-104 decals sets, many are still available. 

On 7/24/2018 at 8:43 PM, RCarlson said:

Thanks Scooby! I just got the AirDOC Canadian Starfighters book and now I have the itch. I thought I had decals somewhere for the variegated scheme. I’ll have to watch for them and if I see them in 32 I’ll let you know.

Great book, I got it directly from the author soon after it was released.

If you can’t find the Canuck decals, you are aware that Belcher still has his CF-104 decals, which are printed by microscale? Very good decals, some of the best on the market.

http://www.belcherbits.com/lines/decals/bd6.htm

56 minutes ago, Scooby said:

Man, where were you when I was posting requests for full or partial sets in the ARC and Hyperscale want adds? Very generous.

Although I am looking for 1/32 variegated CF-104s. I have a lot of 1/48 CF-104 decals sets, many are still available. 

Ha sorry....  🙂.  I just finished mine a couple weeks ago so i probably wasn’t thinking Starfighters when you were asking. 

32 minutes ago, bikerider said:

Ha sorry....  🙂.  I just finished mine a couple weeks ago so i probably wasn’t thinking Starfighters when you were asking. 

We are looking for different scales anyways, he is after 1/48, I’m after 1/32.

13 hours ago, bikerider said:

K

WOW! Thank you for the offer. PM sent.

11 hours ago, Scooby said:

Great book, I got it directly from the author soon after it was released.

If you can’t find the Canuck decals, you are aware that Belcher still has his CF-104 decals, which are printed by microscale? Very good decals, some of the best on the market.

http://www.belcherbits.com/lines/decals/bd6.htm

Thank Scooby! I didn't realize that Belcher had those. And I was just looking at his site at the Minuteman missiles that he makes. 

I've always wanted to do a Canadian Starfighter, but after going through the AirDOC books there is about 4 different ones I would like to do!