Great Wall Hobby F-15E Strike Eagle 1:48

I already have my Revell kit on the go so I don't really need this but they can continue with the F-15K and F-15S and I may eventually get my wish for the F-15SG for Singapore. Here's hoping.

Edited by skyhawk174
46 minutes ago, skyhawk174 said:

I already have ny Revell kit on the go so I don't really need this but they can continue with the F-15K and F-15S and I may eventually get my wish for the F-15SG for Singapore. Here's hoping.

Agree ! We need K/S/SA/SG And new versions to come !

I'm sure it will be a great kit like their F-15C MSIP but I've still been buying up Revell F-15E kits because of their price. They are also a great kit but dated. Any price mention on the GWH E model? I may buy one anyway. :whistle:

I’m happy they are doing a dedicated E boxing.  I hope you will be able to build both -220 and -229 birds from the box (different CFT air scoops).  I also hope they include all the SBDs and racks as shown in the art above!   At any rate- good news!

Steve

Edited by Falconxlvi
9 hours ago, skyhawk174 said:

I already have my Revell kit on the go so I don't really need this but they can continue with the F-15K and F-15S and I may eventually get my wish for the F-15SG for Singapore. Here's hoping.

They have a Kilo boxing out already. It's the GWH fuselage with the Academy Kilo weapons, decals and CFT's.  I'm glad they are coming out with an Echo. I was about ready to just use an F-15I kit, but now I'll just do my India AS an India, and pick up the Echo. 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/D-CORPORATION-1-48-ROKAF-F-15K-PIN-POINT-SHOOTER-DCM48003P-LIMITED/273260768579?hash=item3f9f9c6d43:g:M1IAAOSwxphbFi~e

Aaron 

Edited by strikeeagle801

Ok thanks for that info on the K which is cool but I really have no interest in that version. I can only afford so many of these GWH kits. I have the F-15I but my real hope is for the Singapore strike. 

Edited by skyhawk174
11 hours ago, skyhawk174 said:

Ok thanks for that info on the K which is cool but I really have no interest in that version. I can only afford so many of these GWH kits. I have the F-15I but my real hope us for the Singapore strike. 

Yeah, I hope they do the SG at some point as well. My hope as some point is to do EVERY version of the Strike. But, that is a lot of time, effort, and money, so I'm not sure it will ever happen. 

Aaron 

On 6/29/2018 at 2:01 PM, mirage3 said:

Agree ! We need K/S/SA/SG And new versions to come !

Nonsense. You can buy a K now from D Corporation. We need a current Echo with the latest updates. APG-82, current cockpit, radome, SDB's or updated LGB/JDAM. I have a Revell kit that I can just build as a ODS bird.

Edited by Mr Matt Foley
9 hours ago, Mr Matt Foley said:

Nonsense. You can buy a K now from D Corporation. We need a current Echo with the latest updates. APG-82, current cockpit, radome, SDB's or updated LGB/JDAM. I have a Revell kit that I can just build as a ODS bird.

I already have D corp. F-15 K but where the rest export variant like SA or SG?  Really can wait for recent USAF Strike Eagle 😎

On 7/4/2018 at 12:25 AM, mirage3 said:

I already have D corp. F-15 K but where the rest export variant like SA or SG?  Really can wait for recent USAF Strike Eagle 😎

The SG or SA variants would be nice to see also. I'm very pleased that we will see the Echo from GWH finally. It should be a very nice kit.

I had heard that Wolfpack were working on an update set which would be great but nothing yet. Kursad already has a sheet laid out I believe but no update no point releasing a sheet. There is a Hasegawa F-15SG in 1/72nd with the mods so maybe I can upscale that? Would be a pricey proposition though.

13 hours ago, HWR MKII said:

if anyone doesnt want their 492 FS Lakenheath markings from this kit let me know...i kinda need them for personal reasons

Message sent

• 1 month later...
3 minutes ago, tomcatfan said:

It’s listed as preorder at luckymodel. Looks like it comes with Gbu-39s only. Has anybody seen the new plastic?

I have not seen the plastic, but some of the photos are interesting including the one shot of the front of the aircraft including the radome and sensor between the windscreen and radome.

I did a pre-order for it.

16 hours ago, Mr Matt Foley said:

I have not seen the plastic, but some of the photos are interesting including the one shot of the front of the aircraft including the radome and sensor between the windscreen and radome.

I did a pre-order for it.

The sensor(s) top and bottom shouldn’t be there.  Even for the new AESA retrofit.  Time for the sanding stick!   Lazy and/or a cost saving measure on the part of GWH.  But I’ll still be buying this and slapping some KA exhausts in it!

Steve

Edited by Falconxlvi
11 hours ago, Falconxlvi said:

The sensor(s) top and bottom shouldn’t be there.  Even for the new AESA retrofit.  Time for the sanding stick!   Lazy and/or a cost saving measure on the part of GWH.  But I’ll still be buying this and slapping some KA exhausts in it!

Steve

The GWH F-15I also has them, I never paid any attention to them but they are there as well. No problem, like you I'll just shave/sand them off.

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Mr Matt Foley said:

Now in stock overseas at Lucky Model and Hobby Easy.

Ordered mine, money gone from account, hope to see it in the next couple of weeks.

Did you see this before ordering Matt?

oRIbKGr.png

Edited by Falconxlvi