1/1400 Enterprise C

Just figured I would throw up some images of my just finished Enterprise C. Some artistic license taken on some areas of color choice. JT Graphics for the decals, excellent quality. Not bad, even if the kit is one of the worst fitting I've built. Onto a Bandai X Wing...night and day in quality!

43087718682_4e042d37e5_b.jpg

42419156724_cfbea5ae64_b.jpg

43087718502_5671734dee_b.jpg

14 hours ago, Trojan Thunder said:

Nice work Brett, paint looks great. :thumbsup2:

What brand and colours did you use?

Thanks!

So, the hull is all Testors Model Master paints. The grey being Light Grey. The blues are a mix of flat white and blue (FS35199) and Intermediate Blue till I got a color I liked. The neck is Euro 1 grey and then any other light grey's are Light Ghost Grey. The engines, deflector and red are all Tamiya acrylic clear blue and clear red sprayed over Floquil Reefer White (wish I could get more of this!).

Hope that helps!

10 hours ago, Brett M said:

Thanks!

So, the hull is all Testors Model Master paints. The grey being Light Grey. The blues are a mix of flat white and blue (FS35199) and Intermediate Blue till I got a color I liked. The neck is Euro 1 grey and then any other light grey's are Light Ghost Grey. The engines, deflector and red are all Tamiya acrylic clear blue and clear red sprayed over Floquil Reefer White (wish I could get more of this!).

Hope that helps!

Very helpful Brett.

I have a started kit sitting in the orbital construction yard (shelf of doom), still sorting out seems. The old AMT instructions aren't the best for colour call outs.

5 hours ago, Dr. Brad said:

Very nice work!

Thanks!

On 7/2/2018 at 6:33 PM, Trojan Thunder said:

Very helpful Brett.

I have a started kit sitting in the orbital construction yard (shelf of doom), still sorting out seems. The old AMT instructions aren't the best for colour call outs.

Yeah, I didn't think so either on the kit instructions. 

What kit are you working on? 

23 hours ago, Trojan Thunder said:

It is a early boxing of the Enterprise C by AMT. I have some aftermarket decals for it, they seem to be old as well so I expect they won't be as detailed as the ones you used on yours.

This was the original boxing of the C as well. The kit decals were about as yellow as could be, scary. 

I do recommend the JT Graphics decals. They were only around $20 I believe. 

That looks great!

I think the trap that people fall into is replicating the studio model paint scheme exactly..but forget that it's on a much larger model, meant to be hit by different lights, different filters, etc..it's like how in old hollywood the makeup was super gaudy and outrageous because it needed to show up in the lighting they used. 

I remember when they announced the 1/1400 Enterprise-C that people were hoping they'd follow up with a 1/1400 1701-B, -A and 1701 but..alas, no.   

Maybe Polar Lights will go nuts and do the rest of the Enterprises in 1/1000? LOL! 

On 7/8/2018 at 1:49 AM, MattP said:

ROCKIN"!!! Thanks for sharing you ART!!

Thanks Matt!

10 hours ago, Jonathan_Lotton said:

That looks great!

I think the trap that people fall into is replicating the studio model paint scheme exactly..but forget that it's on a much larger model, meant to be hit by different lights, different filters, etc..it's like how in old hollywood the makeup was super gaudy and outrageous because it needed to show up in the lighting they used. 

I remember when they announced the 1/1400 Enterprise-C that people were hoping they'd follow up with a 1/1400 1701-B, -A and 1701 but..alas, no.   

Maybe Polar Lights will go nuts and do the rest of the Enterprises in 1/1000? LOL! 

Thanks!

Yep, I preferred some of the changes I made to the color scheme. They may not be canon, but.....whatever!

Aldo....I don't have room for a 1/1000 C, D and E! HA! I have the refit Enterprise and NX-01 in 1/350, waiting to be built.....but no where to put them when done 😞

11 hours ago, Brett M said:

Thanks Matt!

Thanks!

Yep, I preferred some of the changes I made to the color scheme. They may not be canon, but.....whatever!

Aldo....I don't have room for a 1/1000 C, D and E! HA! I have the refit Enterprise and NX-01 in 1/350, waiting to be built.....but no where to put them when done 😞

I didn't have room for my 1/350 1701 and 1701 Refit/A...it's why I sold them. 

12 minutes ago, Jonathan_Lotton said:

I didn't have room for my 1/350 1701 and 1701 Refit/A...it's why I sold them. 

I honestly think I'l end up doing the same. I just haven't gotten to the point of trying to sell them.....yet.

2 hours ago, Jonathan_Lotton said:

Well SWMBO was the determining factor..I'm "limited" to 1/1400 and 1/1000 scale...

*For now* 

I have that same restriction in place. For now as well....