IRIAF F-4 D Phantoms

8 minutes ago, Rex said:

... mid wing slats with actuators under the wing, and drooped inner wing LE flaps. (deployed for landing)

Well, I'm going to have to prove that to myself now. 🤺

Gene K

If you have Phantom Pictorial, from 1977, you can see that pic.

And, yeah, I didn't believe my own notes, until I looked at the photo. So, it makes sense that you will also need to verify it. It just doesn't seem right, you know.

On 7/5/2018 at 9:07 PM, Speedy said:

Also found this nice piece of artwork:

SWJqMiy.png

The airframe with the LORAN is cool. The RHAW version is very rare, only 4 were deployed. SUU23A goes under the first 2  blocks 35 & 36 as delivered from September 1967. I'm freaking out seeing this, so cool.

What caught my attention is the AN-ALQ 120. Any information on the AN-ALQ 120 is very welcome.

Kind regards,

Robert Jan

• 2 weeks later...

Great pictures of my favourite jet. How recent were those taken? Does Iran still fly -D models? I know they have -E ones as well. Are all those still in service?

cheers

Uwe

Also found this nice piece of artwork:

SWJqMiy.png

The airframe with the LORAN is cool. The RHAW version is very rare, only 4 were deployed. SUU23A goes under the first 2  blocks 35 & 36 as delivered from September 1967. I'm freaking out seeing this, so cool.

Hello Uwe,

2005 I think was the year they made the pictures.

Kind regards,

Robert Jan

Hello.

Just found a photo on airliners.net showing a  "F-4D Dowran" with the typical white fin on the fuselage spine. Photo taken at Mehrabad Airport Teheran in 2012. It has received two artworks (which are seen on its engines air intakes) after its fully modernization program. Iranian Air Force is last operator of the Phantom II type in the world, all of its handful F-4Ds are all gathered in 101st Tactical Fighter Squadron in 10th Tactical Fighter Base "Konarak". IRIAF has planned to do this life etxtension project on all of its F-4Ds , which is allowing them to remain in service until 2020!!

From pressTV I saw a conversation about the overhauling project regarding F-4s. Watch the link: https://www.presstv.com/Detail/2018/04/29/560063/Iran-F4-fighter-plane-Army-IRGC-Defense-Minister-Amir-Hatami

Amazing...

Kind regards,

Robert Jan

Edited by Speedy