Iraqi Armed Forces MIL Mi-17 Helicopter.

This is the Hobby Boss kit, straight from the box. It has some fit issues and strange molding marks on it that need cleaning up, also it's worth backing up HB instructions with some basic research as in this case, HB tell you to fit the tail rotor on the wrong side.

7ck82cW.jpg

tPTGs1e.jpg

jF1FZXx.jpg

w9mtjyI.jpg

Nice build! I'm presently working on a Canadian Mil17V5 using this kit and the NeOmega conversion. The tail instructions are wierd (your choice of side) because they try to pass their other kit off as an earlier Mil 8T with the tail rotor on the other side even though the engines and cowling over same are wrong for an early Mil 8T. Decent kit but poor research and instructions.

12 hours ago, RCAFFAN said:

I'm presently working on a Canadian Mil17V5 using this kit and the NeOmega conversion.

I was disappointed with the NeOmega Mi-17V5 resin set - there are no windows in the resin nose !!!!

(OK - they are partially hidden behind the armour plate - but they are still visible !!)

I made my own some ten years ago......

Mi-8%20075.jpg

build details here - scroll down to it.

Ken

PS - Great Mi-17 Fubuki4 :worship:

I had heard of Helicast set but couldn't find a source for it at time and aside from the nose windows(not hard to add), the NeOmega is pretty decent too and actually an easier conversion since they give you an entire new fuselage (just using Hobbyboss tail and interior parts) plus they include the rotor dampers that Helicast doesn't appear to do in their set so I'm not complaining.......Back to comments on Fubuki4's build.....

Edited by RCAFFAN

Thanks guys. I didn't know there were conversions for the later model 17's, I might have to get one to add the later model to my Mongolian collection. Actually this was meant to be a Mongolian machine until I realised it was the wrong version.